Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning sides for less than 150€

These posts don't arf make me laff!

We spend £60k on a van and then try to penny pinch on accessories which end up making the set up naff!

I agree some accessories are pricey (especially Brandrup) but they are really good quality and you virtually get your money back when you sell them used.

I for one have better things to do other than make my own accessories out of tat from Aldi.
That's the job

Anyone browsing for info on awing sides may like this option which fits with no mods (Size medium) does a great job and only £10.99 from Amazon...

OUTRY Waterproof Multi-Purpose Tarp - Tent Stakes Included - M - 1.8m x 2.2m, Lightweight Camping Picnic Ground Sheet Cover Cloth Mat Outdoor Footprint Rainfly Backpacking Rain Fly Shelter Tarpaulin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBK133F/?tag=eliteelect-21

67f02aeb55f2d868a76b9788129953f2.jpg

@cowped How does the tarp attach at the top? I like the idea of 'no modifications'!

Anyone browsing for info on awing sides may like this option which fits with no mods (Size medium) does a great job and only £10.99 from Amazon...

OUTRY Waterproof Multi-Purpose Tarp - Tent Stakes Included - M - 1.8m x 2.2m, Lightweight Camping Picnic Ground Sheet Cover Cloth Mat Outdoor Footprint Rainfly Backpacking Rain Fly Shelter Tarpaulin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBK133F/?tag=eliteelect-21

I like that. I might even upgrade from the shower curtain at that price. 4" bungee balls through the eyelets work perfectly on the awning side bars.

Yeah sorry not quite no mods as you need a way to attach to the awning at the top.

I just used some velcro strips...

2d8be1ddd43a50cec8f2bc6862f5838e.jpg

I have a 2014 vango kela drive away awning used twice cost new £500 would take £250 ? As new incl kador strip figure of 8

IMG_5874.JPG
Here is my Cali equipped with the Brandrup side panels. They are pricey but I like them and they give a lot of shade. Thule tie down kit also in place in case the whole thing lifts off.

View attachment 24224
Here is my Cali equipped with the Brandrup side panels. They are pricey but I like them and they give a lot of shade. Thule tie down kit also in place in case the whole thing lifts off.
Nice! Missed a set of these on an EBay auction. Full set were up and being sold separately. I was after just a side one but no chance. Still on the lookout.

Mike

Nice! Missed a set of these on an EBay auction. Full set were up and being sold separately. I was after just a side one but no chance. Still on the lookout.

Mike
The single side panel is good for shade and privacy, we use that all the time, the top zips round the awning support bar and then three pegs in the bottom. The end panel only goes up when it's really hot, it increases the shaded area hugely. Only takes a couple of minutes to fit each panel. You do need a big space to set up as in the photo but you can peg the end panel to the ground without the guy lines if space is limited.