Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Being gassed

I have stayed on motorway Aires a few times and never had a problem. Always the bigger ones rather than the WC only ones. Also stayed at the supermarket near the eurotunnel near all the migrants the Mail like writing about. Never a problem there either. The gassing stories sound like BS.

The supermarket one is probably about the safest around as I believe it's overlooked by a gendarmerie

I might use that supermarket one. Were you alone or do others use it?

Did you go incognito. I like that word and intend to go there a lot.

I might use that supermarket one. Were you alone or do others use it?

Did you go incognito. I like that word and intend to go there a lot.

Incali.

It's at cite d'Europe furthest end to the left. There are usually about 15 vans and whites.
We keep the top down and it's funny waking up in a busy car park.
There are good washrooms in the shopping centre and then we breakfast and have a big shop before heading south. I usually fill up with diesel too as it's 24 hours.

Incali.

It's at cite d'Europe furthest end to the left. There are usually about 15 vans and whites.
We keep the top down and it's funny waking up in a busy car park.
There are good washrooms in the shopping centre and then we breakfast and have a big shop before heading south. I usually fill up with diesel too as it's 24 hours.
I have used it a few times, it's designated as a place where you can stay overnight. Only problem is the noise from the arriving staff cars from about 4am in the mornings.

Fascinating. I conclude the gas thing is BS after looking all over for an alarm in preparation. But does anyone use those little door and window alarms. V cheap and were anyone to open a door they would go off... Seem a good "general" alarm and fit for distraction theft etc.

Also I did Spain on a motorbike a few times . Loved it. Saw motorhomes in many retail parks huddled together. Is that allowed then? How do you know if it is? I like the back roads rather than the fast expensive ones.

Brilliant info on the forum.

Fascinating. I conclude the gas thing is BS after looking all over for an alarm in preparation. But does anyone use those little door and window alarms. V cheap and were anyone to open a door they would go off... Seem a good "general" alarm and fit for distraction theft etc.

Also I did Spain on a motorbike a few times . Loved it. Saw motorhomes in many retail parks huddled together. Is that allowed then? How do you know if it is? I like the back roads rather than the fast expensive ones.

Brilliant info on the forum.
You can just lock the doors from inside using the drivers door lock.

I imagine the burglars would have had to have some pretty big cylinders of anesthetic gas to knock out the "15 guests" mentioned without use of masks to administer the gas. I'd love to know the facts!
Even if the gas was discharged throughout the whole villa, I'd imagine that there would be quite few windows open in the summer heat, so the gas would be leaking away from the villa.
As with all these superficial news reports, raises more questions than they answer and I doubt whether there will be any follow up report when the facts are known.

Poor bugger, back in March it was reported that his castle in Wales was robbed in a "James Bond" style robbery .... later denied!

It's true. It happens here in the UK as well.

I was recently gassed after an evening of drinking Rioja with our Cali friends. I remember nothing but in the morning my socks were gone! :(

and another report today in the gutter press, this time north of Poitiers:

This statement by the Royal College of Anaesthetists says it all really:

https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/news-and-bul...ents/statement-alleged-gassing-motor-vehicles

It looks to me like they are driving with a child loose in the top bed of whatever camper they have?

It’s that time of year again!
I put my trust in the professionals ..........
It's upsetting you are making fun of these poor people and making judgements , I hope nothing like this happens to you :(
It's not about making fun its about bad science.

I think I am more prone to believe medical professionals than the sun newspaper. Unless french thieves have magically discovered some gas that can knock you out without careful monitoring, that doesn't kill if you get too much, something that all of medical science hasn't found then fair play but it doesnt seem realistic.

More feasible would be something in the water or eaten, although I'm reluctant to suggest that as it will no doubt feed the story. It would also be evident after in their blood or the water and surprise surprise it never has. It's just people who can't explain how it happened making up fantastical reasons to fill the void.

Last edited: