Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Berlin Camping

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I am looking to camp for a couple of nights in Berlin in a week or two. Can anyone recommend a central site with easy access to the S Bahn or metro etc? I don't really want to drive round Berlin in the van.

Also Munich

Many thanks

Do some reading here...

Any advice re Berlin and Munich?

Wohnmobile Oase as recommended by HC above. The great location makes up for the crap loos and showers, and the feeling that your squatting on a demolition site.

We skipped Munich because my work got cancelled last minute but I’d only found Camping Thalkirchen and the possibly of a Stellplatz at the Allianz Arena. Public transport is good so staying a fair way out of the city may work.

Thalkirchen was already mentioned, heard nothing really good about it.

Found this one on ADAC:

You sometimes see all kind of campers just parked and esp around Oktoberfest I guess many are alive

Wohnmobile Oase as recommended by HC above. The great location makes up for the crap loos and showers, and the feeling that your squatting on a demolition site.

We skipped Munich because my work got cancelled last minute but I’d only found Camping Thalkirchen and the possibly of a Stellplatz at the Allianz Arena. Public transport is good so staying a fair way out of the city may work.
Thank you
Thalkirchen was already mentioned, heard nothing really good about it.

Found this one on ADAC:

You sometimes see all kind of campers just parked and esp around Oktoberfest I guess many are alive
I have looked at the site and I have seen better gypsy camps. Good location but not what I need really. Thank you.

I am looking to camp for a couple of nights in Berlin in a week or two. Can anyone recommend a central site with easy access to the S Bahn or metro etc? I don't really want to drive round Berlin in the van.

Also Munich

Many thanks
Munich.
Free bus to Metro station and tickets for Metro can be bought at Reception.
No Booking required at campsite.

Has anyone used the campsite at Potsdam? Looks nicely rural but with good access to Berlin.

Munich.
Free bus to Metro station and tickets for Metro can be bought at Reception.
No Booking required at campsite.
We stayed at campingplatz-thalkirchen last year - not a good experience. Very small pitches, very manky showers and you had to pay for every drop of water, even at a sink. Not very pleasant people on reception, but I think they have left now. Having said that, pleasant bus and metro ride to Munich city centre. Lovely city too.

We stayed at campingplatz-thalkirchen last year - not a good experience. Very small pitches, very manky showers and you had to pay for every drop of water, even at a sink. Not very pleasant people on reception, but I think they have left now. Having said that, pleasant bus and metro ride to Munich city centre. Lovely city too.
Must have changed then as I don’t recognise the campsite from your description I’m afraid. The only small pitches were right next to the boundary fence and lake and were more than adequate for us and the California.

Munich - Stayed about five years ago in Campingplatz Thalkirchen it’s relatively central, a large Site where you’re pretty anonymous, if you have bikes, it’s an easy cycle along the River Isel into the centre.
Berlin - We struggled to find anywhere near. Grunheider Camping am Peetzee is to the east, an ACSI site, an old communist holiday camp, in a forest on a lake, one mile walk to station and 35 mins by train to the centre. Good walking and cycle paths round about.