Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best skid mats

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, having got stuck in the mud on a flat but wet French campsite this year, and not prepared to swop for new tyres or 4x4, I am going to buy some skid mats. I see fiamma and Argos do them, has anyone used them?which do they recommend
Thanks

We have some from Milenco, fairly cheap but do the job if required....

Have you used them?
When we were stuck, I put something together.""that just wrapped around the wheel and made things worse, hence me asking for experience
I see all these reviews , but the reviewers are happy because the buying process was eaisy, and cheap....even though they haven't even used the item

Yes, a couple of times, once in mud and once on long, sodden grass (wasn't absolutely necessary). Simple and easy to use, bit of traction and we were away....

I used to have a set of Maxtrax, but a bit bulky for the cali unless I put them on the roof.
He we are using them to get our friends Disco out of the sand;

Ours are flat easily stored, slide next to the bench seat with the ramps....

I used to have a set of Maxtrax, but a bit bulky for the cali unless I put them on the roof.
He we are using them to get our friends Disco out of the sand;
Don't think my Milenco mats are any good for this type of situation ;)

Got some from Aldi ages ago. Not needed them ourselves but lent them to someone and they worked fine. Make sure whatever you use is pegged down otherwise they can come flying out.

Last edited:
I'm getting old :sad

I read this as "best skid marks"

Back