Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best way to get wireless connection in Europe

Just spent a few days at a Freshwater East Caravan and Motorhome Club site.
Virtually no mobile signal and certainly no internet.
But, the Club has WiFi available for the site for a reasonable payment, but for only 1 device. Have to make a separate payment for each device and your connection is dropped after 10 mins of inactivity so you have to log back on. Also signal strength was not that good.
So, out comes the iBoost and it’s powered amplifier aerial. Lock onto the Camp WiFi signal. Log in and away we go. Full signal strength on the iBoost. Good download speeds. The iBoost keeps the connection live, for the past 4 days, and then just connect iPad and 2 phones to the iBoost and catchup on Simon Reeves in Australia + the Forum and anything else.
That sounds good, what kind of iboost, have you a link?

We‘re still unsecure about get it or leave it. However if we get something I‘d like to go with iboost.
Doesn‘t the club shop sell something similar?

We‘re still unsecure about get it or leave it. However if we get something I‘d like to go with iboost.
Doesn‘t the club shop sell something similar?
Not to my knowledge.

Can’t find that item in the shop. The iBoost is cheaper and the support is excellent.

You can make you own version of iBoost buy a Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco and a Ubiquiti Aircube and follow the instructions in this video

To save you don’t need the Aircube AC (£79) the non AC version will work just fine and is around £30. The only difference is the AC version offers 5ghz WiFi as well as 2.4ghz.

AirCube ISP https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07766P4RQ/?tag=eliteelect-21

Ubiquiti NanoStation AC Loco airMAX Outdoor 5Ghz 13dBi WiFi Access Point - NS-5ACL (Enterprise Computing > Wireless Networking) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XRG1R4/?tag=eliteelect-21

You’ll need a couple of Ethernet cables but the cost would be under £100.

Last edited:

These guys offer a great service and the kit is (as WelshGas says) very useful. Multiple effective units; only one chargeable connection. We've used ours not only in the campervan on campsites but also in holiday cottages with thick walls, hotels with strict "one device" charging policies and in the campervan as a network hub to connect laptop and printer when I've been away working.

Back