Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beware Spare Wheels Stolen

Quick note to say thanks to Benn who supplied a replacement spare wheel with the minimum of fuss. Call him if you find yourself in need.

We are also giving the security contraption mentioned here a go - couple of pics below.

As it happens, Legoland have offered us a free return visit so we will probably get chance to test it out!

If the scumbags strike again, I am definitely getting a scruffy second hand spare....

image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks to all the VIP members i've spoken to for buying our device, A lot of them i have sold have been to London, surrey or essex areas.

Im off work at the minute due to a new arrival in or family but please call if you want one and speak to ann-marie.

:thanks

bodhi said:
Hello all

We have designed a device that will help with this problem. I was told about this forum by one of your members who ordered one yesterday.

It is listed on Ebay but if you contact me direct Dave, 01455 610854 I can offer a VIP membership discount £48 with VW locking bolt or £38 without locking bolt. Mention this forum and your VIP username

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T5-VW-Transpo ... 20e2724810

3A18C0C0-4B13-435B-819E-79B45985F9F4_zpsls8ormev.jpg

Hi Dave, I see these anti theft devices now advertised for sale in VWt magazine. They are shown as being £45.00 delivered but I am wondering what the price is now for VIP Members from on here please as previously you were offering them on here to VIP members at £48.00 for the full kit. Many thanks in advance, regards, Colin..

Hello Colin think i might have spoken to you yesterday, Wasn't aware it was in VWT till you told me. Discounted price of £45 is now available to vip members.

Met a few of the forum members at Stanford Hall Show over the weekend, some very nice vans on your stand. One question i was asked was are all the keys the same? I've looked into it today and the answer is no. All the locking bolts we supply are from VW Van centre and each one has a different lock number.

I am also a member of Hubba Dubba Club Hinckley, we meet every other monday at 8pm at the Milestone pub Hinckley Leics, LE10 3EA. Any local Cali owners feel free to pop down and see us the pub does good food and in the summer there is normally a great variety of vw's.

Dave

bodhi said:
Hello Colin think i might have spoke to you yesterday, Wasn't aware it was in VWT till you told me. Discounted price of £45 is now available to vip members.

Met a few of the forum members at Stanford Hall Show over the weekend, some very nice vans on your stand. One question i was asked was are all the keys the same? I've looked into it today and the answer is no. All the locking bolts we supply are from VW Van centre and each one has a different lock number.

I am also a member of Hubba Dubba Club Hinckley, we meet every other monday at 8pm at the Milestone pub Hinckley Leics, LE10 3EA. Any local Cali owners feel free to pop down and see us the pub does good food and in the summer there is normally a great variety of vw's.

Dave

Hi yeah it was me. I rang after not hearing back on here, looking forward to getting my devise in the post and getting it bolted on. Thanks Dave ;-)

bodhi said:

Dave

Been to that pub a few times - very good food and normally a good beer on. Due to the fact it has a big windmill stuck on it I assumed it was called the Millstone - I must pay more attention :crazy

Tony

Just ordered a SPARESAFE over the phone at club price nice simple process , would recomend :thanks :thumb

Andy

bodhi said:
Hello Colin think i might have spoken to you yesterday, Wasn't aware it was in VWT till you told me. Discounted price of £45 is now available to vip members.

Dave

Hi Dave. The anti theft devise arrived today, it's a good bit of kit, very easy to install, now I have peace of mind, these should be flying of the shelf mate. Thanks for friendly and efficient service. Regards, Colin :)

Anti theft device. I have been trying to fix this today onto my Cali. But I am a little concerned about putting the dust cover onto the VW locking nut as I cannot see how you can get it off again when inside the red metal sleeve. Am I being a bit daft, or are the wider profile Cali tyres meaning that the spare is not screwed up as high as on regular vans????

Thanks

I've just fitted mine and left the dust cover off.
Thanks for quick delivery dave.
Also, what are those plastic spacers for?

greenfintry said:
Anti theft device. I have been trying to fix this today onto my Cali. But I am a little concerned about putting the dust cover onto the VW locking nut as I cannot see how you can get it off again when inside the red metal sleeve. Am I being a bit daft, or are the wider profile Cali tyres meaning that the spare is not screwed up as high as on regular vans????

Thanks

You should have in the kit a plastic black nut looking thingy with a hole in it and also a little black plunger looking ujamaflip . Insert one into the other then you use that to put on and pull off the metal nut cover. Simples

Thanks again to everyone that's purchased our device. Sorry i cant respond to private messages on here, not a vip member yet.

Spoke to greenfintry on the phone today the device is available without a locking nut if you already have one fitted but it means you dont get the little plastic puller in the kit, will get you one sent out in next few days.

I assume the plastic nut cover is to keep the holes free of dirt?

RodCouncil said:
Mine has gone missing too, what size is the spare?

Depends on your wheel size. Up to 17 inch is same size.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Checked mine, 2012 berghaus, no wheel, no frame but i do have a tub of puncture repair in the back, so does that mean i didnt have one when we brought it.

Cant believe people are stealing spare wheels what ever next?
On the bright side im happy supply spare wheels and tyres to any one who wants some, i have 17'' steel wheels for sale.
I can do these for £135 delivered across the uk. The wheel is a original vw part and and is brand new and fits direct to any vw cali. The tyre is a goodyear cargo vector 2.

Beni1664 said:
Cant believe people are stealing spare wheels what ever next?
On the bright side im happy supply spare wheels and tyres to any one who wants some, i have 17'' steel wheels for sale.
I can do these for £135 delivered across the uk. The wheel is a original vw part and and is brand new and fits direct to any vw cali. The tyre is a goodyear cargo vector 2.
Exactly they ate worth £135 each so worth nicking!

Yes i guess so. But surely not every spare wheel is a brand new spotless wheel with brand new tread.
They must go to alot of trouble and be disappointed from time to time my spare is in a right mess where ive had so many blow outs. :doh

Yes good point but can easily get an idea of condition first. I bet a lot of newish vans still have new spare

Beni1664 said:
Yes i guess so. But surely not every spare wheel is a brand new spotless wheel with brand new tread.
They must go to alot of trouble and be disappointed from time to time my spare is in a right mess where ive had so many blow outs. :doh

Most probably is spotless as you have four Alloys and a steel spare which only gets used to get you home or to the tyre depot. You don't see many Cali with three alloys and steel wheel!

There again I have four steel wheels on mine at the moment courtesy of Benn, I suppose in the event of a flat I would leave the spare on the van and put the repaired one in the cradle.

Andy

Thanks everyone who have bought one of our Sparsafe Devices. Just got a fresh batch back from powder coat ready to go!

Royal mail have returned one of the packages containing a sparesafe saying they couldn't deliver it. Address name is to Globetech LTD if its anyone on here can they get in touch so i can get it sent back out. Dave 014550610854

Ordered mine today, seems to be a must have accessory for all Cali's with a spare wheel, intend to do all that is possible to keep mine firmly and securely underneath the van, and a very reasonable price given the alternative. :thumb

Someone got ours the year before last. Cost a fortune to replace and we added a lock to the new one. Have recommended to several other cali owners I've met to get locks.

Politics: Driving around in a vehicle that costs more that two years of average take home income when the real value of wages has been falling for best part of 10 years I'm amazed more bad things don't happen. If I wasn't in such a privileged/lucky position I'd be pinching wheels myself and I'd probably not be smart enough to close the cage so as to hide my crime. i.e. I'd probably be locked up by now!

Back