Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel stolen!!!

Just fitted a spare safe - was a bit suprised to find that the locking bolt key takes a different spanner size to the normal wheel nuts so need to carry an additional spanner. Other than that it looks like a decent bit of kit.

andyinluton said:
Just fitted a spare safe - was a bit suprised to find that the locking bolt key takes a different spanner size to the normal wheel nuts so need to carry an additional spanner. Other than that it looks like a decent bit of kit.

That's odd, ours are the same. 19mm socket.
We have 17in wheels, perhaps 16s have a different bolt head??

All wheel bolts are 19mm as was the spare wheel holder bolt that I removed, the spare safe one is I think 16mm its at least a couple of socket sizes smaller.

I got the locking bolt before the spare safe so that explains it. The spare safe one is 16mm then.

The bolt that came with my spare safe uses the same size socket.

Question for those that have removed the spare wheel at least once.

Both my spare wheel and spare wheel holder were recently removed and now I have to mount it back.
But I have the impression I am missing a part.
I have the spare wheel holder like here, and I have two bolts that fit the holder (top in the picture) near the bumper to the chassis. But how do I attach the other side? I think I may be missing a metal pin length 4-5 inches.. No?

Yes thats right a metal pin holds the other end, number 7 in this pic

801600.png

I bought the sparesafe after reading about wheel theft on here, it's turned into a conversation piece, lots of other drivers asking me what the bright orange thing is under the van ! They always seem impressed when they realise what it is there for.