Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Big Red Bus Ordered!

T

thetallguy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well, following lots of fantastic advice sourced from these forums, we’ve taken the plunge and ordered ourselves a new Ocean! We’re a family of four (two boys, two and seven).

Spec (for those who are interested):

150 TDi with DSG
Solid red with standard bellows
Standard 17” alloys
Laminated glass pack
Sports MFSW
Comfort mattress
Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera
6.33” Composition Media
App Connect
Removable towbar
80 litre fuel tank
Shower connection
Light concept plus
Additional USB sockets
Lockable storage compartment
Side scan with 99mph ACC
Black awning
Height adjustable driver’s seat with swivelling passenger seat
Four folding keys
Mudflaps
Rear cycle rack
Without model and engine designation badges
Heavy-duty anti-roll bars

Had great service from Steve in Exeter so will be keeping my trade local here in Devon.

Thank you to all on the forums and YouTube who have helped us get this far; bring on May(ish) for the next phase of the adventure!

Any other top tips and tricks always welcome...

Brilliant,! Congratulations!

We look forward to seeing all the pics and hearing about all the adventures ... roll on May :D

Excellent! Let the adventures begin!
:welcome
Edit: Just spotted you opted to have a non swiveling drivers seat. Are you sure with four of you?

Last edited:
"Height adjustable driver’s seat with swivelling passenger seat"

Does that mean the drivers seat does not swivel?

The drivers seat will go up and down, the passenger seat will go round and round (there’s probably a song for my two year old in there somewhere).

As already noted by others, my height is such that my head rubs on the sliding cover and surround with a rotating seat so I’ve gone for a height-adjustable seat driver’s side only. Yes, it’s a compromise, but a necessary one. If I sell it some day in the distant future, it looks like it should be possible to fit an after-market swivel on it.

The drivers seat will go up and down, the passenger seat will go round and round (there’s probably a song for my two year old in there somewhere).

Sing along with gran.....

The passenger in the Cali went round and round,
Round and round, round and round
All day long

The driver in the Cali went up and down,
Up and down, up and down
The driver in the Cali went up and down
All day long ...

Last edited:
Sing along with gran.....

Round and round
All day long

The driver in the Cali went up and down,
Up and down
The driver in the Cali went up and down
All day long ...

Bit early to have the Gin our GJ! :bananadance2

[QUOTE="thetallguy, post: 258994, member: 12301"I sell it some day in the distant future, it looks like it should be possible to fit an after-market swivel on it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you will be able to add this later. Think it needs a handbrake modification but any decent converter can add it.

[QUOTE="thetallguy, post: 258994, member: 12301"I sell it some day in the distant future, it looks like it should be possible to fit an after-market swivel on it.
Yes, you will be able to add this later. Think it needs a handbrake modification but any decent converter can add it.[/QUOTE]
Though of course I have no intention of selling it. Ever!

My Cali Beach seat goes up and down and around and around :thumb

One of the Misbuilds,( Vw Crap brochure ) someone else's pain my gain :D

Didn't you want the privacy glass?

Just checked my old order and the code for the privacy glass was QL0. Is that what you have?

My understanding is that the laminated glass pack gave you darkened glass anyway. If anyone is able to clarify this, I’d be grateful!

Same as my understanding. QL6 is the laminated package and, according to the spreadsheet that I found somewhere on here with the various % light transmissions, the passenger compartment glass is darker on the laminated than on the privacy option. (QL0) 39.2% vs 25.7%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E4B696B8-6CDB-4FC5-B9ED-ECB57845E119.jpeg
I think the Cali looks great in Red... :bananadance2
I do too but think it can look too bright on a big Cali unless it’s toned down with lots of dark / black, like the Edition model styling, which I think really works.
E4B696B8-6CDB-4FC5-B9ED-ECB57845E119.jpeg

Back