Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bikes Inside the Cali

The rails of the rack are 130cm albeit you could cut some off if necessary, depending on your frame size (the one in my pic is a 56cm frame). having said that my 29er MTB is a bit longer than the road bike so all depends what sort of bike you have. Also the bars on the road bike overhang the front of the rails by about 15cm, but you could always drop them depending on how much room you have.
That frame comes with all manner of inserts for different axle types (QRs and variety of through axles). I put the bike on the frame outside the van and carefully lift it in.
Excellent, thanks. I”ve measured the beach and I’ve about 150cm width and about 90cm height behind the back seat so looks like it should be fine. My bike is about 110cm from axle to axle with another 15cm extra for the drop handlebars….. I’ve been looking for a solution like this for ages so thank you!

Thought I'd add to this thread as I'm trying to do something similar.

At the moment, my solution is a bit overkill and whilst the bike holder is in, with the bikes removed, I am not able to slide the rear seat back as far as I would like. On the plus side though, it holds 2 full size MTBs in via a fork mount absolutely rigidly. This does require the rear seat to be moved all the way forward so it does mean that you would only be able to carry two people and two bikes.

The next version I am working on will have slide out rails to make getting the bikes in and out much easier and would mean that the rear seat could be moved to its rear position when not carrying bikes.
IMG_1921.jpeg