Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bonnet Bra's

Jaydub

Jaydub

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Whats you thought's and experience of using a bonnet bra ? After only 2500 miles we already have several stone chips one of which is down to base coat.Cant say I've ever been a fan of them but if only a few minutes to fit I could be tempted when faced with a long motorway slog.Those of you that have them any recommend suppliers ?

I never had one on any verhicle i had , wonderd arround some time but never did buy one. but don't you get to see marks and small scratches where the bra actually sits when you remove it...!
Worht taking notice...

Yep I use one as I was collecting stone chips left right and centre, very annoying. I opted for a half size one, see link below
https://flic.kr/p/t8GYDG

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Think I'd sooner risk stone chips, you can't see them from a distance but you can see the bras!

Friend of mine had the exposed parts of his motorbike wrapped in clear vinyl; I guess you could do something similar on the Cali?

If there was a clear type product I ditch the BBra but for now it's staying on as it is preserving the bonnets leading edge from any further damage

Try AST signs in Penrith for wrapping...i have a bit of clear vinyl inside where dog insists on jumping up and scratching paintwork.
Watch their time lapse videos of vehicle wrapping..amazing!
They have designers and can fit around the country. But can also do clear.
I'm looking to add spots to mine so might wrap, or at least the front.
The boss has his car wrapped frequently...amazing!

Bought mine from Van X in Stoke. It has been very useful. Also had grilles from zunsport and it has protected the intercooler from stones.

Goodness,

Sorry Albert, only one of us can wear a bra :(

I have one chip down to base coat, where a Bra would not have helped. I simply do not like the look of them. So far I have been lucky.

Nope ...

Definitely not for Albert ...

Mind you it looks a lot better with the matching bumpers ...

yep I have half bonnet bra had a few stone chips appearing.....and other vw drivers are more inclined to wave when the see one on ;-). tend to put it on for the longer trips rather than daily runs around town.

No decision made still 50/50 on this one, for the moment Ive had some touch up paint mixed at work so tomorrow I carry out dot to dot on my bonnet and see if I can make a picture.

No decision made still 50/50 on this one, for the moment Ive had some touch up paint mixed at work so tomorrow I carry out dot to dot on my bonnet and see if I can make a picture.

I really didn't like the look of them but at the same time wanted some protection from stone chips which were already there on our 2 year old used van. We ended up buying one from Germany through Amazon in a carbon fibre weave finish which looks very professional next to the plain matt black ones and even would go as far as saying it enhances the look of the bonnet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DP4MXLW/?tag=eliteelect-21

I'll post some pics when I'm home.

I really didn't like the look of them but at the same time wanted some protection from stone chips which were already there on our 2 year old used van. We ended up buying one from Germany through Amazon in a carbon fibre weave finish which looks very professional next to the plain matt black ones and even would go as far as saying it enhances the look of the bonnet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DP4MXLW/?tag=eliteelect-21

I'll post some pics when I'm home.
Yes please do, link has no photos.

With a red Cali I would be even more cautious as the pigment has a tendency to fade more than almost any other colour. A clear pvc wrap would be my considered solution - though to date with 76,000 miles I have very few stone chips.

With a red Cali I would be even more cautious as the pigment has a tendency to fade more than almost any other colour. A clear pvc wrap would be my considered solution - though to date with 76,000 miles I have very few stone chips.
I have seen some clear wraps and they go yellow after time and make the paint bellow look dull against clean polished paint.as our van get more polish than my shoes do I'm not worried about fading. the possible advantage of a bra is protection while carrying out a long motorway slog or in the winter when you have to pass a gritter as we did and got peppered,then hiding it away while trying to look clean and shiny at COTF.

Thank you,I think I will get one,after all we all cover the seats,mattress,flooring and even the roof so why not the bonnet which does take a bashing.

Back