Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boxdrive - do I belong here?

I didn’t like the curtain hanging into the side windows, so I moved the tie back from the bottom and positioned it high up. Certainly neater...

D060CCE0-731A-436C-AAF7-9C1C7C1518ED.jpeg

I have actually just managed to solve it. You press the menu and alarm at the same time turning it from white to black.
Sorry DNR, although I'm 'watching' this thread I didn't get any notice (I thought I might get an email?) that there had been postings. But glad to see you've sorted it. I like your wheels, one of the few things I'm a bit unhappy about, didn't realise mine would be so small, I would have liked 19" or so but am now consciously trying to avoid thinking about it so I won't spend even more money...... I've just had fitted 200w solar, a B2B manager and wi fi. Am having a small warranty issue but I suppose it would be best to start new thread for that.

I didn’t like the curtain hanging into the side windows, so I moved the tie back from the bottom and positioned it high up. Certainly neater...

View attachment 52739
Good idea.
Do you have the heating trace on the bottom of the curtains? I thought it was standard but mine doesn't have it

Good idea.
Do you have the heating trace on the bottom of the curtains? I thought it was standard but mine doesn't have it

Yeah mine are heated.

My wheels are actually 17’s, I think the same as yours, i didn’t want to spoil the ride with bigger wheels, I think being black makes them look bigger. Just get yours powder coated. I thing the black and white theme works well.

I fitted an outside light this weekend too, I cant believe this wasn’t even on the options list...

6765F8AF-01C9-4F0B-8E75-012DC213BE18.jpeg

Yeah mine are heated.

My wheels are actually 17’s, I think the same as yours, i didn’t want to spoil the ride with bigger wheels, I think being black makes them look bigger. Just get yours powder coated. I thing the black and white theme works well.

I fitted an outside light this weekend too, I cant believe this wasn’t even on the options list...

View attachment 52740
Were your curtains heated as standard or as an option? I hadn't looked for the light, if I'd thought about I'd have thought it was a standard fitting. More bloody wiring.......... :cool:

Were your curtains heated as standard or as an option? I hadn't looked for the light, if I'd thought about I'd have thought it was a standard fitting. More bloody wiring.......... :cool:

I opted for the curtains, I didn’t know they were heated until the handover, so was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, madness there was no outside light. I purchased this light from Amazon, it has a ’touch’ switch, so just needed an 12v supply. I took this from the back of the USB next to the control panel, so was reasonably straight forward install.

Hi Breeze1, sorry for the delay. I'm posting the pictures now, you'll have to zoom in to see the curtain rail though. The little cutout you'll see is to allow for the light unit in the centre of the windscreen and it's at that point it zips together with the other half.
Hi Knwldgeseker, really many thanks of taking the trouble to take the informative photos well if VW do not improve upon there option I have your option in the back pocket. Thanks for the explanation Also.
lovely Van.
Will

View attachment 52736

View attachment 52737

View attachment 52738

I love being nosey at other people's vans, Cali or not.

These look lovely - would love to see some 'inside' photos. Do you have a fixed double bed?

Hi All,
Just signed up to the forum, but not sure if I'm in the right place - don't have a California but do have a Boxdrive 680 ME - see the photos. Kinda looks like a dolphin, doesn't it? With the snub nose?
First campervan, purchased following six months of detailed research. Bought it in Berlin as we wanted a First Edition model (lots of extras as standard) and LHD.
We drove it back two weeks ago, now going through the registration process.
But if this is not the right forum won't take offence, just be polite when telling me!
Have fun everyone..............

View attachment 52520

View attachment 52521
Hi wich number is yours? Mine is 51

Back