Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brand New Cali - water leak

Jimmmy

Jimmmy

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi there everyone !

Not what I expected to be my first post, but hey let's see how this goes...

Picked up our brand new Cali yesterday which we have been looking forward to for months and months - exciting stuff.

However, last night I noticed all the front carpets are soaked. Narrowed it down to under front passenger side dash. Then traced problem up to the drain holes at front of roof (thanks to the forum). A thimble of water into the drain hole quickly arrives in the footwell.

Another item that seems odd is the steering wheel is not true when driving straight, it is off centre by about 2 degrees.

Forum members, your expertise would be much appreciated.

Regarding the leak. This is unfortunately fairly common.

There are pipes with several push fit connectors in the drain line.

Not something for you to sort out as does require the removal and refitting of panels.

Get it back to the dealer for fixing.

Regarding the steering wheel....again this is common. It is the same on mine.

The only fix it to have a full 4 wheel wheel alignment where the steering wheel is centred and the steering realigned accordingly.

It does not affect driving but is annoying, especially in a new Cali.

Get it back to the dealer for fixing. But be prepared that they may not have the correct 4 wheel alignment equipment. If so, push for them to arrange for it to be done elsewhere at their cost.

Hi there everyone !

Not what I expected to be my first post, but hey let's see how this goes...

Picked up our brand new Cali yesterday which we have been looking forward to for months and months - exciting stuff.

However, last night I noticed all the front carpets are soaked. Narrowed it down to under front passenger side dash. Then traced problem up to the drain holes at front of roof (thanks to the forum). A thimble of water into the drain hole quickly arrives in the footwell.

Another item that seems odd is the steering wheel is not true when driving straight, it is off centre by about 2 degrees.

Forum members, your expertise would be much appreciated.
As above, but make sure they dry the carpets and the thick under mat/insulation properly.

Thanks Alan and WelshGas, appreciate your comments. Will keep you updated on progress...

Quick update for those interested...

Pipe had become detached somewhere down the A pillar.
Since my daughter and I had located the approx position of the issue, dealership sorted both the leak and steering in less than a day.

Thanks Members for your help with this.

Since my daughter and I had located the approx position of the issue, dealership sorted both the leak and steering in less than a day.

Thanks for reporting back. Now enjoy.

Good you have this sorted now. And as predicted.

The drain in the roof section can get clogged, so get in to a habit of regularly checking and clearing.

The other tip is never try poking a wire or similar down the pipe as this is certain to dislodge the connector again.

The recommended approach is to us air only. A quick search on here will provide more detail.

Back