Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Leak Into Driver's Footwell

P

passoni24

Hi. Before I face another warranty claim, any ideas please about this issue with my Sept 22 Cali Ocean 150?
I am experiencing rain water pooling the driver's side footwell 'step' and door seal. I appears to be coming from the ventilation vent. I have confirmed that the water is not coming in from the top of the door.
(I had a similar issue - now solved- with water leaving the fresh water tank 'filling' the bottom door seal on the passenger side when emptying. The warranty work re-aligned the water tank discharge somehow. Yes I realise there is no real 'pipe' from the water tank and the water flows anywhere it wants under the van).
This issue is similar but the water is not coming from the water tank as the van has not been used over winter. Also I park on a slope; front down with passenger side lower than driver's side.
Just to confirm, I did not have a similar problem with my previous 2010 Cali 5.1 parked in the same location. (Well to be honest, The 5.1 did not have any issues in 13 years).
Thanks

IMG_2825.JPG

Have a look at this thread, it might not be the same problem as you have described but definitely one to eliminate first.

Have a look at this thread, it might not be the same problem as you have described but definitely one to eliminate first.
Beeechke1. Thank you very much. I have found this thread after posting mine and will look into it. That sounds like a warranty job but I find it best to have a good idea of the fault before trying to a fix from VW. (The search engine on the site appeared to be down when I searched for topics before posting mine). It is raining hard again now and I have pushed kitchen paper into the vent holes to see if the water is coming from the vents or the bottom of the door. If I can! Cheers.

Beeechke1. Thank you very much. I have found this thread after posting mine and will look into it. That sounds like a warranty job but I find it best to have a good idea of the fault before trying to a fix from VW. (The search engine on the site appeared to be down when I searched for topics before posting mine). It is raining hard again now and I have pushed kitchen paper into the vent holes to see if the water is coming from the vents or the bottom of the door. If I can! Cheers.
That vent is the air intake for the parking heater.