Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken (Happy) woof

Fairly steep trail, we did it in rain too many moons ago and found our descent pretty slippery and precipitous at parts !

Fairly steep trail, we did it in rain too many moons ago and found our descent pretty slippery and precipitous at parts !

Yep been up a fair few times, always try to carry a set of poles as love going down any mountain fast (I’m weird as a descent is more fun!)

Great day out on the local bumps, not sure I need a camper with this on my door step.
The very quiet side of the Cairngorms, 11miles
and not a soul to be seen.
Zoom in for all the deer!!!IMG_3720.jpegIMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3726.jpeg

Last edited:
them deer antlers cost a fortune in the pet shop lol.I see you joker van is still up for sale looks like they are struggling to sell it very strange.
Yep, did think I could set up a little shop if I keep collecting them!

I was told that they wouldn’t be putting it up for sale until spring (so not long been up), think it was used as a showroom van to help sell the last lot of t6.1 jokers coming in.
£108k for new 4motion, getting closer to a cottage in the cairngorms!!!

Yep, did think I could set up a little shop if I keep collecting them!

I was told that they wouldn’t be putting it up for sale until spring (so not long been up), think it was used as a showroom van to help sell the last lot of t6.1 jokers coming in.
£108k for new 4motion, getting closer to a cottage in the cairngorms!!!
very true i know what will be worth more in 10 years and it won't be the camper van lol

Another great day on the Scottish bumps.
School holidays, really done 11mile hike and didn’t see a soul.
Well until back at van and that was a lovely swiss couple loaded up hiking and wild camping.
Parked at the end of dorback and hiked
Geal Charn perfect weather too.
One of the most stunning views at the top.
OS map app has it at 8.5miles but it’s 11IMG_4527.jpegIMG_4543.jpegIMG_4556.jpegIMG_4610.jpegIMG_4564.png

Great day out on my local bump, Ben Rinnes circular walk (reverse) see last pic for route, Zebedee is over 12yrs now and absolutely blitzed it!

Meg is ten now and is beginning to struggle. November 2021 we took her to Snowdon Summit, and she was really stiff for the next two days.

We often cycle with Meg trotting alongside, but on Thursday I bought a fabric kennel to strap onto our flatbed trailer so she can rest between bits of trotting.

2bcccaabe7ffee95b13a77036c1e45a9.jpg

We plan to use the kennel for the first time tomorrow.

Meg is ten now and is beginning to struggle. November 2021 we took her to Snowdon Summit, and she was really stiff for the next two days.

We often cycle with Meg trotting alongside, but on Thursday I bought a fabric kennel to strap onto our flatbed trailer so she can rest between bits of trotting.

2bcccaabe7ffee95b13a77036c1e45a9.jpg

We plan to use the kennel for the first time tomorrow.
Zeb gets a bit stiff in the eve after a big hike, I give him salmon oil or cod liver oil.
The next day he’s always done again and up for a good walk.
If Meg is anything like Zeb and any collie I’ve met she will want to be out of that and running. Collies aren’t great at knowing when to take it easy.
Don’t forget to add a pic:thumb

Zeb gets a bit stiff in the eve after a big hike, I give him salmon oil or cod liver oil.
The next day he’s always done again and up for a good walk.
If Meg is anything like Zeb and any collie I’ve met she will want to be out of that and running. Collies aren’t great at knowing when to take it easy.
Don’t forget to add a pic:thumb
I have a border collie cross and she is also indefatigable! Did the Coast to Coast with her last year when she was just 18 months old, planning to do the Cape Wrath next year with her too. I like the cod liver oil tip, might start introducing that into her diet as a precautionary measure. TBH I suspect the next ten years will be more about how I can keep up with her rather than the other way around!

65ece79b464a0e06f821eef50d888473.jpg

About to set off with Meg in the trailer behind the tandem triplet.

f4fdb7963c7275d20de6fe47983f2d51.jpg

Just under 5 miles in just under an hour, with Meg in for the A259, out for the Hayling Billy Line from Havant, then in for the Hayling Bridge.

1st use a success. But we still need to get back.

65ece79b464a0e06f821eef50d888473.jpg

About to set off with Meg in the trailer behind the tandem triplet.

f4fdb7963c7275d20de6fe47983f2d51.jpg

Just under 5 miles in just under an hour, with Meg in for the A259, out for the Hayling Billy Line from Havant, then in for the Hayling Bridge.

1st use a success. But we still need to get back.
Excellent. I'm just about to leave Hayling, will keep an eye out for you - should be easy to spot with that rig!

Stop off at Northney Farm Tea Rooms…

We saw two Californias as we cycled over the bridge, but other than that and the A259 into Emsworth we follow a motor free route.
Haven’t been to that tea room yet, will try it out, did stop in the Stoke Fruit Farm shop for some provisions. Had to abandon the beach walk with the dog as she is terrified of kites and the kite surfers were out in force!

Haven’t been to that tea room yet, will try it out, did stop in the Stoke Fruit Farm shop for some provisions. Had to abandon the beach walk with the dog as she is terrified of kites and the kite surfers were out in force!

Oooo. It must have been a great day for kite surfing. Three quarters of the West Beach car park has been washed away and reclaimed by the sea. I don’t think there are any plans to protect that bit of Hayling as it gradually recedes.

4c543c738ed1335eec8e9aaa5c58342d.jpg

Last edited: