Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build week

Our Cali was ordered on the 23rd Oct. build week 51 confirmed, spoke to VW customer care at the end of week 51 to see if build had started, informed Cali had been built and was at the dock ready for shipment! Should get hands on it end of Jan.

Was told build week 52. Does that mean they will be building it at the end of December?
Well it seems to be week 52 now. Hope the guys building it aren’t suffering from holiday hangovers!
No... apparently it’s in the UK so it’s probably only a couple of weeks away!
fingers crossed

Last edited:
Hi everybody:

Ordered 17/10
Build 23/11
Transport 24/11
Campbase on Tarragona (Spain) 12/12

I’m waiting, because the delaer told me, van will be arrive today or at the begining next week.. :D

Just arrived today to dealership :)

Hi .
Got this from SMG .

Ordered Basil in October

. Hope its correct....

Date 02/01/2019 Got this today.Does everybody get a bit nervous or is it just me???

Martin Morning John

Happy New Year.

Just checked for update on your California, showing due in UK this week. I will let you know as soon as we receive it.

Regards

Martin

:bananadance2Our Ocean arrived at dealer today (Build Week 49). She has the new Zip Front bellows fitted. Hopefully pick her up on Thursday (Working night shift till then).

Hi all .Basil at the SMG Tonbridge.its going to be valeted this week pick up saturday.

Could not wait. Went there today and saw Basil in there garage waiting for next stage.:):):):):)
IMG-20190104-WA0005.jpg

Martin at Tonbridge is very good would recomend +++++++++++++++++++

:bananadance2Our Ocean arrived at dealer today (Build Week 49). She has the new Zip Front bellows fitted. Hopefully pick her up on Thursday (Working night shift till then).
That’s cool. Has anyone else got the new zip? Which build week did they become standard?

495BA3D7-51D8-425C-BECE-F77F562AEA27.jpeg
Couldn’t wait either (just of the transporter) :happy:happy
Roof raised to check if we had the new bellows.

What are the zip front bellows?

2DFF8950-0F3F-4375-9FEE-27986A8AC31E.jpeg
Hi Elly, not sure how to post link but there are pictures on the topic Special Edition and opening front canvas.

View attachment 40476
Hi Elly, not sure how to post link but there are pictures on the topic Special Edition and opening front canvas.
Thanks for the photo, John. It’s hard to tell on the photo but is there a zip opening all the way round the front following that square line? Did you order a special edition Cali that has this or is it a new standard offering?

Hi, does open the size of the square zip line. Will be able to get a proper look on handover. This is a new standard offering (think from build week 48).

vwcamper.de have a topper with this new canvas in mind.

Mine is week 33 so no zip for me! Ironic that I still haven’t got mine. VW efficiency

Hi, does open the size of the square zip line. Will be able to get a proper look on handover. This is a new standard offering (think from build week 48).

vwcamper.de have a topper with this new canvas in mind.
I wonder how it will be before other topper and isotop company’s take action on this and manufacture a product to match. I had my eye on a Calitopper for ours when we get it.

Our Cali was ordered on the 23rd Oct. build week 51 confirmed, spoke to VW customer care at the end of week 51 to see if build had started, informed Cali had been built and was at the dock ready for shipment! Should get hands on it end of Jan.
Hey Pod, that’s the status of ours too now. We ordered the same day as you. Our dealer’s are Liverpool, UK. How about yours?

How many people in this thread who were waiting have now got their Cali? If so, how’s it gone for you?

No news yet....last i heard from the dealer he said mid februrary. Hope he is right, i cant wait any longer, missing van life too much.

How about you any update?
Dealer emailed us 4 days ago to say it was waiting to be shipped so hoped they would receive it in about 2 weeks.They have a good reputation so I think when they get it they’ll sort it out as quickly as possible.

I am weirdly feeling a bit nervous now, not like me at all!

We too are missing van life, our last van died in October and it feels like a lifetime ago. Even the dog’s fed up!

Hope you get more news about yours soon.

Dealer emailed us 4 days ago to say it was waiting to be shipped so hoped they would receive it in about 2 weeks.They have a good reputation so I think when they get it they’ll sort it out as quickly as possible.

I am weirdly feeling a bit nervous now, not like me at all!

We too are missing van life, our last van died in October and it feels like a lifetime ago. Even the dog’s fed up!

Hope you get more news about yours soon.
Hey Elly, I Know exactly how you are feeling, since Christmas has passed, all I can think about is the van arriving. We too gave up our old van in October and bought a 1999 honda civic coupe as a runner until the new van arrives. Squeezing our two dogs and two kids into the car is great fun at the moment......NOT!!
I wish you all the best when your new van arrives and hope to see some Pics soon!!

on a separate note- does anyone know for sure whether Oceans on build week 48 and later will have the panoramic roof tent with full opening?

Back