Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build week

Hey Pod, that’s the status of ours too now. We ordered the same day as you. Our dealer’s are Liverpool, UK. How about yours?
I’ve now been told it has arrived in Crawley West Sussex, It needs to be checked and GARDX pain protection applied. So hopefully a week away!

I'm expecting delivery of a cali ocean in the next few weeks and still have not been told in writing by the dealer that the engine has changed from a 204PS to a 199PS. This is spec change so you would think the dealer would contact the customer as a matter of urgency.

I'm expecting delivery of a cali ocean in the next few weeks and still have not been told in writing by the dealer that the engine has changed from a 204PS to a 199PS. This is spec change so you would think the dealer would contact the customer as a matter of urgency.

I don't think anyone has received a letter about this. Also there is £520 extra tax to pay. You will have been asked to sign a disclaimer though!

I don't think anyone has received a letter about this. Also there is £520 extra tax to pay. You will have been asked to sign a disclaimer though!

Matt, I understand you've collected yours now? No photos?, Did you miss out on the new bellows?

As the van has arrived about 6 weeks earlier than expected, we need a week or so to get the money in the right place. So hopefully delivery next week!

Matt, I understand you've collected yours now? No photos?, Did you miss out on the new bellows?

Yes it’s arrived. We’re going away this weekend so I thought I’d get some good photos uploaded. No new bellows - I’m not sure if I’m missing out on much. I do seem to have all the other bits. Very pleased and excited about this weekends adventure!!

Yes it’s arrived. We’re going away this weekend so I thought I’d get some good photos uploaded. No new bellows - I’m not sure if I’m missing out on much. I do seem to have all the other bits. Very pleased and excited about this weekends adventure!!
Have a great weekend, you must be so excited. You’ll have to let us know how it goes.

Ordered 17/10
Build 23/11
Transport 24/11
Campbase on Tarragona (Spain) 12/12
Dealership 27/12
Pick Up 8/01

Finally last tuesday, we pick up our Cali :D

29paqfn.jpg

Ordered 17/10
Build 23/11
Transport 24/11
Campbase on Tarragona (Spain) 12/12
Dealership 27/12
Pick Up 8/01

Finally last tuesday, we pick up our Cali :D

29paqfn.jpg
Congrats on finally receiving your cali. Love the colour. Did you get the new roof bellows? Is yours an ocean?

Congrats on finally receiving your cali. Love the colour. Did you get the new roof bellows? Is yours an ocean?

Thanks! Not is a Cali Beach. The roof bellows is the same than 2018 I think, only I opened it twice! :)

Well it seems to be week 52 now. Hope the guys building it aren’t suffering from holiday hangovers!

fingers crossed
We got an email today to say that our Cali Ocean has arrived at Liverpool. We can pick up from Monday. Due to work commitments we aren’t able to collect until the Saturday. Still earlier than we ever expected. Woooohoooo! :bananadance2

We got an email today to say that our Cali Ocean has arrived at Liverpool. We can pick up from Monday. Due to work commitments we aren’t able to collect until the Saturday. Still earlier than we ever expected. Woooohoooo! :bananadance2
Well done Elly
Please post lots of pictures on pick up

Congrats Elly, all the best when you collect it. I went to view mine yesterday, I still can’t believe it’s here. Just waiting for dealer and importer to complete paperwork and should be able to collect on Wednesday. Already making plans to get away on our first trip next weekend. Soooo excited!!!

Congrats Elly, all the best when you collect it. I went to view mine yesterday, I still can’t believe it’s here. Just waiting for dealer and importer to complete paperwork and should be able to collect on Wednesday. Already making plans to get away on our first trip next weekend. Soooo excited!!!
Hey Eldoovis, what great news. I think they’re all coming through pretty fast now which is great news. Especially for those who have had months of let downs and disappointments.

It seems that we should both get the new top with a zip all around the front. Fingers crossed as I think it would be lovely in the summer to let in all that fresh air and light.

Are you going to give yours a name? If so I’ve put a a new thread here:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/what’s-behind-your-cali’s-name.28304/#post-325715

Hope you have a great time on your first trip. Let us know how it goes.

Hey Eldoovis, what great news. I think they’re all coming through pretty fast now which is great news. Especially for those who have had months of let downs and disappointments.

It seems that we should both get the new top with a zip all around the front. Fingers crossed as I think it would be lovely in the summer to let in all that fresh air and light.

Are you going to give yours a name? If so I’ve put a a new thread here:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/what’s-behind-your-cali’s-name.28304/#post-325715

Hope you have a great time on your first trip. Let us know how it goes.
When i went to view it i was unable to open the roof so not sure if i have the full zip opening. I heard all oceans build week 48 onwards should have the full zip opening. I really hope i have ot too but not sure if the vehicles destined for the spanish market have them.....i'll soon find out. Still not decide on a name, this is harder than naming my children

It’s all ready in Liverpool UK for us. Had some pics and a video through today. pick up on Saturday.

Roll on Saturday :pinkbanana - had Vinny now for 5 weeks.....couple of trips already and memories created.......that’s what it is all about! Enjoy the ride :cheers

Did you pick up today, Eldoovis?
Hi Elly , im getting sooo excited now, tomorrow the dealer is adding extra tints to the windows and Friday its being imported. Just sorted out insurance today too, so all ready to roll. I cant wait! Cant believe we both ordered same time, got given same build week and picking up almost on the same day, in two different countries, thats crazy!

Hi Elly , im getting sooo excited now, tomorrow the dealer is adding extra tints to the windows and Friday its being imported. Just sorted out insurance today too, so all ready to roll. I cant wait! Cant believe we both ordered same time, got given same build week and picking up almost on the same day, in two different countries, thats crazy!
Are you taking it back to Gib?

Are you taking it back to Gib?
Hi Elly, yes bringing mine to Gib. Should be happening today as Friday got cancelled. Im here biting my nails waiting for the importers call.......did u collect yours?

Hi Elly, yes bringing mine to Gib. Should be happening today as Friday got cancelled. Im here biting my nails waiting for the importers call.......did u collect yours?
Sure did. You’ll love it when you get yours. We picked up ours on Saturday morning and had a brillint handover/takeover, 2 hours with the dealer who went through everything (even the tiny little torch that charges in the ciggy lighter).

It has surpassed even our high expectations. It is a pleasure to drive and will be so fabulous to camp in, even to get out justEverything is perfectly perfect. We hope to get out to the Peak District at the weekend for a pub car park stopover. Our favourite pub though looks as though it’s going to be snowed under so maybe a little further South.

When you get yours, all the fuss will just melt away.

Hi @Elly Swanson -- what's your favourite pub please ?

...... I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be my favourite pub too

Back