Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cab blowers running when engine off

R

Rob1972

Vehicle
Cali now sold
My wife has just taken our SE out and parked up and the front cab blowers are still running after 15 minutes. I have no idea why this so I can't advise her.

Is there a fault?

Do you have the “rest “ function button ?

Do you have the “rest “ function button ?

Er, no idea! It's not something I recall seeing.

Having read some other threads it could be the DPF. She did report it as a lot of fan noise from the front so I assumed it was the heater.

Er, no idea! It's not something I recall seeing.

Having read some other threads it could be the DPF. She did report it as a lot of fan noise from the front so I assumed it was the heater.
The fans that cut in as you abort a DPF regen wouldn't run on for 15min normally. This post suggests up to 10mins. Normally you can smell a bit of a burning smell too. Do you have air coming from the can vents, or does it sound like it is coming from under the van?

Post in thread 'T6 Hovercraft mode - what is actually happening?' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-hovercraft-mode-what-is-actually-happening.31367/post-364208

Last edited:
It's not the REST function as I've just tried it and that makes the heating fans sound slightly different.

It's definitely the heater. When the climate control unit is off the same fans are running but it now comes out of the footwell.

It's been stuck on for an hour now. I'll have to leave until the morning so I can see what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Disconnect your battery

It's not the REST function as I've just tried it and that makes the heating fans sound slightly different.

It's definitely the heater. When the climate control unit is off the same fans are running but it now comes out of the footwell.

It's been stuck on for an hour now. I'll have to leave until the morning so I can see what I'm doing.
I don’t think this is anything to do with DPF regeneration, unlike on the T6/6.1. I’ve never heard of this on a T5/5.1 during a regeneration.

I think the fault might be the relays stuck open. Does anyone have a recommendation for a garage who can look at this near Wigan/Warrington? I don't have time to sort this myself.

Back