Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali classification for ferry bookings

This has probably been covered already but Wightlink (Isle of Wight ferry) has a category for all vehicles under 2.25m hight & 5m long. The T5/T6 fits within that if you do not have a tow bar. They always check if I have a tow bar.

This has probably been covered already but Wightlink (Isle of Wight ferry) has a category for all vehicles under 2.25m hight & 5m long. The T5/T6 fits within that if you do not have a tow bar. They always check if I have a tow bar.
Good to have a removable one then.:thumb

• Agree
Reactions: DM
Any tips for Fishguard or Pembroke to Rosslare. We're doing two weeks in June and so the planning starts. 300 odd return sat to sat, and booking as a van - Irish or Stena ferry. Thinking we might worry about sites or not when we are on the move; wondering what wifi will be like over there. Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Found out Beach classified as car which is why get run around on camper insurance. May be benefits then on travel.

Found out Beach classified as car which is why get run around on camper insurance. May be benefits then on travel.
I priced as car and van with no difference. Thanks for the info though.

Thanks for the tip of putting the exact vehicle in AFerry.co.uk. I added 0.5m for bike height above roof and 1.00m for bike rack length and just got a cracking summer deal - £92 return including 20% discount for P&O ferries if booked by 31/03/17...2 days left. Don't miss out if planning a trip.

Thanks for the tip of putting the exact vehicle in AFerry.co.uk. I added 0.5m for bike height above roof and 1.00m for bike rack length and just got a cracking summer deal - £92 return including 20% discount for P&O ferries if booked by 31/03/17...2 days left. Don't miss out if planning a trip.
Thanks for the reminder - must book tomorrow.

Just sneaked my Dover Calais booking at 11pm last night to get the early booking discount.

I endorse the tip about aferry.com. It's lists the Cali as a vehicle in 'cars' so very easy to get it right. Also automatically applied available discounts.

Just one note of caution. You are booking through an agent so that means any changes will have to be done through the agent. They will add an administration fee to any changes that you may wish to make - £25 I think. That'll be on top of the ferry company's fees. Also not sure what the situation will be if you get delayed and turn-up late. Will it be possible to re-schedule at the check-in cabin or do you have to call aferry?

Resurrecting rather than starting a new thread.

Has anyone booked the Cali as a car selecting a multivan where they have to select car type?
Corsica ferries is posing an issue, the crossing I want is full for campers over 2m, however their booking system automatically defaults the Cali to that height when I put in my total length of 6m (Cali+ bike rack), whereas they have space for a car of 6m long and under 2m high, so I could book this and classified as a multivan rather than Cali.

Resurrecting rather than starting a new thread.

Has anyone booked the Cali as a car selecting a multivan where they have to select car type?
Corsica ferries is posing an issue, the crossing I want is full for campers over 2m, however their booking system automatically defaults the Cali to that height when I put in my total length of 6m (Cali+ bike rack), whereas they have space for a car of 6m long and under 2m high, so I could book this and classified as a multivan rather than Cali.
What kind of bike rack?

Atera Strada 4 bike rear mounting.

Actually just realized putting car type is optional so may just book as a car with correct dimensions. I understand Corsica Ferries can be quite strict with sizes, but hoping if size is accurate, classification shouldn't be quibbled.

Presume your bike rack is Townsend - ie doesnt go above roof height.

Try booking via aferry.com. They give the option of either choosing the exact vehicle or stating dimensions.

Hi all,

Anyone travelled Irish ferries from Holyhead to Dublin? What class of vehicle did you use? Large car for under 2.25m or Motorhome? Or they have a van option? All very confusing. Logically a Cali is the same length as an X5 or Q7? (Large car)

Alastair

Hi all,

Anyone travelled Irish ferries from Holyhead to Dublin? What class of vehicle did you use? Large car for under 2.25m or Motorhome? Or they have a van option? All very confusing. Logically a Cali is the same length as an X5 or Q7? (Large car)

Alastair
Don’t think the X5 or Q7 come with on-board gas cylinder.

Back