Cali insurance

Caravan Guard underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance are by far the cheapest for my Motorhome, by hundreds of pounds.

Caravan Guard mentioned a few times on this thread, coming in very competitive for me at about £100 cheaper than next nearest quote, anybody got much experience with this company, good or bad.

Interesting tried Admiral, entered reg number and came back with it’s not a van!

Yes, Martin Lewis of Money Saving Expert strongly advocates for quotes around the 21 days mark as optimum for all vehicle insurance renewals.
I remember him saying that the timing of renewal quotes does make a significant difference to the premium quoted……..
“You should always compare prices, and we've found that the best time to buy car insurance is 20 to 27 days ahead, as this is usually the cheapest”

I remember him saying that the timing of renewal quotes does make a significant difference to the premium quoted……..
“You should always compare prices, and we've found that the best time to buy car insurance is 20 to 27 days ahead, as this is usually the cheapest”
Agreed - Interestingly I yesterday re-insured my wife's car as it had been off insurance (on the drive) for a few weeks since I swapped the policy to a new Model Y Tesla. Churchill wouldn't let her drive it due to it being group 48 (348 HP); and the price to re-insure her car as of today was over £100 higher than waiting until Nov 1st. It just means I'm playing taxi until then, but worth the saving!

Caravan Guard mentioned a few times on this thread, coming in very competitive for me at about £100 cheaper than next nearest quote, anybody got much experience with this company, good or bad.

Interesting tried Admiral, entered reg number and came back with it’s not a van!
With Admiral, you use car website. And because it's California, they will add automatically extra protection for items in the van. Admiral was the cheapest and most flexible for my pattern of usage. Commuting, business policy and I just left my Cali for a week at work car park, which would be problem with Comfort and possible other companies.