Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali insurance

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
my LV insurance quote is up 52% so looking for something better anyone used Safeguard recently or any other suggestions

Safeguard beginning of this month £500.
Includes Breakdown recovery European as standard.

Up by about £80 on last year.

my LV insurance quote is up 52% so looking for something better anyone used Safeguard recently or any other suggestions
Safeguard were extortionate for me.
My list to call when my LV expires in November:
Admiral
CAMC
Ripe
Caravan guard
Just Camper Insurance
NFU

Safeguard were extortionate for me.
My list to call when my LV expires in November:
Admiral
CAMC
Ripe
Caravan guard
Just Camper Insurance
NFU
Not Comfort?

Not Comfort?
Thanks - just added them as well...worth another try.
They were £300 more than LV last time, but insurance quotes seem to blow in the wind at the moment...

It is clear to me from recent threads and postings that there are too many variables involved when comparing insurance quotes to make such comparisons useful.
What does occur to me is that there is a relatively short list of brokers who continually crop up as best buys (see list above).
Personally I obtained quotes from five brokers this year and across them all the quotes were significantly lowest 22 days before renewal. That seems a key point to me.

Thanks - just added them as well...worth another try.
They were £300 more than LV last time, but insurance quotes seem to blow in the wind at the moment...
Tell me about it! Been trying to haggle with Admiral after getting better quotes for a multi car policy. They don’t want to play!

Just insured our new Cali for £300 with LV on a multi car policy. Was extremely pleased.

My first quote.M.H&caravan club. £989
At Adrian folks. Wouldn’t carry bonus over.
Caravan guard was the cheapest by far.
£567 also carried my bonus over.

Tell me about it! Been trying to haggle with Admiral after getting better quotes for a multi car policy. They don’t want to play!

Did Admiral cover your Joker under the multicar? We had to go elsewhere and get individual cover for both vehicles in the end…but saved £200 overall so not all bad!

Just insured our new Cali for £300 with LV on a multi car policy. Was extremely pleased.
Watch out for the next year - ours leapt up on LV and be shopping around next. Their campervan insurance vague too, so make sure they haven't just insured it as a Transporter.

Did Admiral cover your Joker under the multicar? We had to go elsewhere and get individual cover for both vehicles in the end…but saved £200 overall so not all bad!
I used to have the Cali on my multi car but when I got the Joker I went back to Comfort. I was never happy that Admiral really “understood “ the campervan needs.

Recent quotes we've just had in - looks like some providers are using a random number generator sometimes.

Comfort - £530
LV - £1100
AIB / Ageas - £286

Huge variance, definitely worth shopping around

Make sure you are covered for the camping side of things. My original LV quote was £320. I rang them to see exactly what I was covered for and apparently it was only for the vehicle and not the habitation side. It was adjusted and now it’s £480. Good job I checked.

I had a strange one with LV the other day. I phoned for a quote to put our son on the van insurance, his sister is already on, neither lives here.
The quote was £6.95 with the administration fee, so I said right, that will be £21.95 in total. He said no, it’s £6.95 after the £15 admin fee - it actually reduced the premium to add him to the policy.
I think generally premiums are starting to come down ?

Just gone through JustKampers who placed with AXA, as renewal had shot up to £1200 with Sabre, they came in at £568 with no tracker. As others have said premiums seem to be all over the place.

There seem to be a very limited number of actual insurers (eg AXA, RSA, can’t think of another) behind the range of brokers that we all seem to ring and this probably limits competition.