Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Ocean Petrol

Indeed - I saw postsncrom netherlanfs Belgium and Fran e sY they had a petrol heater. I am beginning to wonder about tjese VW folk in UK and whether they have the correct infornation
Lots of typos - should read
I saw posts from Belgium Netherlands and France say they had petrol heaters.

VERY GOOD NEWS. I had a phone call from a really helpful woman at VW this morning who, after some searching, confirmed the cali 204 TSI has a FUEL FIRED PARKING HEATER.
Have a good w/e everyone - i certainly will after hearing that news

Indeed - I saw postsncrom netherlanfs Belgium and Fran e sY they had a petrol heater. I am beginning to wonder about tjese VW folk in UK and whether they have the correct infornation
Exactly - it took a number of calls and emails up the ladder before getting the information below.

VERY GOOD NEWS. I had a phone call from a really helpful woman at VW this morning who, after some searching, confirmed the cali 204 TSI has a FUEL FIRED PARKING HEATER.
Have a good w/e everyone - i certainly will after hearing that news
So there are some in VW Sales/Customer Services that don't know what they are actually selling to the Public. Where do they find them?:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

I love my new Ocean Tsi. Keep looking at it parked outside. Drives beautifully - a little bit of torque but easy to negotiate and adapt to

I love my new Ocean Tsi. Keep looking at it parked outside. Drives beautifully - a little bit of torque but easy to negotiate and adapt to
Great news Izzi..... let us know more as you get used to it ! You must be one of the first U.K. Petrols...

Love to know more, spec, performance etc

What's the cost of road tax on the petrol cali?
One vw commercial dealer told me the rfl for a petrol California for 12 months is £1500 ouch????

The first year is £1200 which includes the new car registration premium. Subsequent years are the same as all the rest - £140+premium car tax, so £450 in total.

The first year is £1200 which includes the new car registration premium. Subsequent years are the same as all the rest - £140+premium car tax, so £450 in total.

That’s insane.
This premium tax over 40k is an awful concept. You buy a Cali for £55k and get clobbered for the same money as a £250k Lamborghini Avantador...???

Volkswagen need to get the California reclassified as a van instead of a car otherwise sales will go down

Last edited:
So. Does it have a Petrol Parking Heater?

Strange that everything has gone quiet regarding the TSI engined California now that it has been delivered.
We still don't know if it has a Parking Heater and if it has wether it is Electric or Petrol, or anything else for that matter. Maybe the Dealership filled it up with Diesel.:eek:

I'm sure VWCS and all the dealers would be interested too. Perhaps even the factory!

Strange that everything has gone quiet regarding the TSI engined California now that it has been delivered.
We still don't know if it has a Parking Heater and if it has wether it is Electric or Petrol, or anything else for that matter. Maybe the Dealership filled it up with Diesel.:eek:
Well - I have been out in it - as much as possible - really nice drive and handling. In fact did not get notifications that there was more activity on this thread - I was thinking it had gone quiet too!

PS. Petrol parking heater - I was playing about with the controls and realised the next morning i had programmed it to come on that very morning by mistake - very toasty as I got in the van - whew!

I was thinking how quiet it had gone too!

Come on @Izzi - do us all a mini write-up!!
Well I have been thinking about it . I am travelling in it in a couple of weeks so will be able to have a better idea of its handling etc.

£400 more than a Diesel Ocean first year, then the same for next 5 years.

Makes the actual purchase cost difference between diesel and petrol only £100 currently.

Diesel Emissions 204 DSG 177 g/km; Petrol Emissions 204 DSG 216 g/km

On paper those facts don't help to put the Cali diesel into obsolescence.

If anyone thinks I'm biased towards diesel, we've just ordered a petrol car to replace the current diesel one.
Just doing a comparison.

Back