Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

Looks like the correct fogs are the thin ones that fit in my existing bumper just need the fogs version of the grille mesh and an auto electrician!
Lucky for me, the fogs seem to come as standard here as I don't remember spec-ing them.. :) iris.jpg

That is some serious money -VW call it a special edition and whack up the price adding 4Mo, Adjustable front seats - (they may not swivel) Adaptive suspension and some diff trickery. I like the Glacier Blue. V nice

you might have a business opportunity there...
Back in the 90s, Vw did a G60 golf, (a supercharged edition of the Mk2 GTI) however they never released it in the UK as it would be in direct competition with the Corrado G60. I bought three in 2001 from a German Auto trader and the rest is history. The last one i sold last year, and was very very sad to see it go. If there are special editions of a certain popular model then its worth making the effort to get them over here, but with these models, im sure the scenario would be similar, even with replicas.

Yes but the Euro models are very highly priced (in Europe) and would have to be silly money in the UK to make a wedge and they are LHD...

More sense to modify a UK van in the two tone scheme..... ;);)

I have sourced the "Red" Badges but they come as a whole "Ocean Red" so I would have to pay for all and cut the RED bit off and place after Beach. At £56 each I am going to have to think about it or leave till the end! (Does anybody know if the factory decals are under the lacquer?)

Great picture this morning showing the true Cherry Red colour. Many pictures make it look more bright red than it is....

20180201_082036.jpg

I have sourced the "Red" Badges but they come as a whole "Ocean Red" so I would have to pay for all and cut the RED bit off and place after Beach. At £56 each I am going to have to think about it or leave till the end! (Does anybody know if the factory decals are under the lacquer?)

I don’t believe they are as others have removed them with judicious use of a hair dryer.

Could always get your own printed.

https://www.vinylletteringonline.co.uk/vehicle_lettering

I know I will buy the Factory Ones just to be the only "Beach Red" and confuse a few folk lol.

However I have asked for a quote from the company recommended above :)

Last edited:
^ Great idea there must be a few SE owners or Oceans without the stickers that want them out there....

Just for the record a few pics of my previously owned California's...

vw_california_le_180_ps_001.jpg

vw_california_le_180_ps_028.jpg

vw_california_le_180_ps_008b.jpg

vw_california_le_180_ps_007.jpg

vw_california_le_180_ps_024.jpg

And before that....

P5240005.JPG

And now of course to complete the Triple Cali..

20180201_140136.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread Gazellio, I'm a new Beach owner too in Berkhamsted so will be keeping my eyes peeled for the Bulli. I too wanted the red two tone but wasn't sure I could keep it clean enough as a daily driver. Keep up the mods and details as its both informative and inspiring!

The tree in the back ground got big from the first pic to the last. You have been at this for some time!!

Nice one so what colour did you choose lets have a picture? :thumb
I've not had a chance to take any 'nice' photos yet, so heres an industrial estate one!
Indium grey, I thought it would allow me a little stealthiness and hide the unavoidable daily grime. (not that much has been allowed to settle on it!) I still love the two tone, I looked at one in Colindale too!

IMG_1660.jpg

£470 Wooburn Green
How did you find the guys at Wooburn? That will be my local dealer but I've not had the pleasure yet...

Last edited: