Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

Externally I am and I am not aiming to replicate an Ocean interior that's why I bought a Beach :)

I do have the Ocean Red Dashboard/Centre Consul though....

Have you been camping it yet????

Nope but I will be at Highlands End.

PS: Just for the record as I may come across as a newbie that is splashing the cash but I just have a passion for modification projects and like sharing them - I have been motor-homing for 17 years now and had 4 large German motorhomes and 3 VW California's ( two SE's) and spend 6 weeks every summer touring Europe (and two in Winter) so I am not new at this "Camping Lark" but new to the current forum ( and very grateful for all help and interest) ;)

PS: I was a VIP member of the Cali Club Forum some years ago when I had my SE.

Last edited:

PS: Just for the record as I may come across as a newbie that is splashing the cash but I just have a passion for modification projects and like sharing them - I have been motor-homing for 17 years now and had 4 large German motorhomes and 3 VW California's ( two SE's) and spend 6 weeks every summer touring Europe (and two in Winter) so I am not new at this "Camping Lark" but new to the forum ;-)
Hey as long as your enjoying your van and getting away in itcthats all that matters.i must admit my phone never stops beeping with cali/gen6/ocean red ha ha....
I have had the same 3 other California’s and a few bigger vans and I’m back here with a California.
I been on here many years I just lost all my log in details from the last time I was a member so re set up a membership.....
There used to be a guy on here called kernolad I think it was?
Something Cornwall inspired anyway..you and him would of been in competition ..
:)

Last edited:
I don't remember Kernolad to be honest but then old brain is getting fuzzy!
Yep he posted a lot on here too...not heard from him now in years .
He must of got a big m/home ha

You don't here much about the E91k Ocean Blue & Ocean Grey but they are out there...

OCEAN BLUE.jpg

OCEANGREY.jpg

You don't here much about the E91k Ocean Blue & Ocean Grey but they are out there...

View attachment 29593

View attachment 29594

PS: Just for the record as I may come across as a newbie that is splashing the cash but I just have a passion for modification projects and like sharing them - I have been motor-homing for 17 years now and had 4 large German motorhomes and 3 VW California's ( two SE's) and spend 6 weeks every summer touring Europe (and two in Winter) so I am not new at this "Camping Lark" but new to the current forum ( and very grateful for all help and interest) ;)

PS: I was a VIP member of the Cali Club Forum some years ago when I had my SE.
Just for the record. Quality thread.
Hey Gazellio, I think it´s great what you are doing, i admire the way you have been able to get things done with ease, or so it seems.

Good one but not for me, I don't often have a brand new car (as a used Discovery 4/Range Rover Dealer) so the 67 plate is a novelty although I did buy (privately from Ford UK) a Brand new "66" plate Mustang GT in Black/Ivory a few months ago but sold it for a good profit 4 weeks later - its the dealer in me! I have private plates G7 ELO and G8 ELO (Gary Elliott) and when the novelty of the 67 wears off the G8 one will be on my Cali.

Ha Ha every day I look at the lower spoiler and think your going to do it just get on with it....

So far I have resisted. :shocked
In for a penny........
Great job on making your Beach something special.

Ok so the Diesel Heating is fitted by Exploria to factory standard. Both Inlet and Exit grilles x2 are VW factory parts. The Webasto 7-Day Timer/On-Off Control is permanently fixed in a great position next to rear bench seat/Lower Bed. It heats the van in minutes and I am a very happy man. They were willing to fit the additional temp sensor for free my choice. They only fit them in about 5% of cases as they believe the system works better using the inlet sensor and that temp difference is marginal and easily adjusted for. Plus another panel would have to have been drilled.

View attachment 29430

View attachment 29432

View attachment 29431
That is a really neat job.
Can i ask how long it took them to fit it.
Thanks

That does look very neat. What's the vent for on the driver's door footwell? My factory one doesn't have that outlet.
Did you get the remote control as well as the 7 day timer?

Does the 7 day timer panel power off at all? Just thinking it could be quite bright if you're sleeping next to it and it's always on, though my head is normally at the tailgate end anyway.

That does look very neat. What's the vent for on the driver's door footwell? My factory one doesn't have that outlet.: Its fitted to ensure the cab area heats as fast as the passenger area.

Did you get the remote control as well as the 7 day timer? : No by choice as extra cost and with the timer I can set it to come on 20 minutes before I get in in the morning.

.Does the 7 day timer panel power off at all? : Yes it goes very dim after a minute or so

Id be interested to know the difference between mine and the 'RED' edition, up to know its the wheels and the chrome pack from what i can see.
Gazellio, ill bow down to your knowledge on this one....

That does look very neat. What's the vent for on the driver's door footwell? My factory one doesn't have that outlet.: Its fitted to ensure the cab area heats as fast as the passenger area.

I think you'll find that is the air intake to the heater - it recirculates air from the cab step into the heater which is then pumped out to the vents in the door sliding pillar.

Next time it's switched on Gazellio hold your hand against the intake on the step - you'll feel the air being sucked in.

I THINK: He was not talking about the Factory Step Air Intake (They must all have a step intake factory or not surely) there is another square Exit Grill forward of the B Pillar Vent. It to heat the Cab area.

VENT.jpg

Last edited:
3 grilles. One in the footwell is the input for the heater and 2 grilles on the b pillar are output. I think.IMG_20180130_191615073.jpg IMG_20180130_191512363.jpg