Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Surf Model

Nope as a t6 looks way nicer at the front end!
I don't know what your problem is with the front of the T6.1 (I like the t6.1 just as much as the t6) but to see them can't be fun for you. You don’t have to suffer like that. Learning to live with it and get over it will make you happier and your daily drives pleasant to do.

It’s mainly the two chrome strip thing with badge, looks odd. Better all black front grill and badge or just a chrome badge.
If we all liked the same things the world would be boring.

I don't know what your problem is with the front of the T6.1 (I like the t6.1 just as much as the t6) but to see them can't be fun for you. You don’t have to suffer like that. Learning to live with it and get over it will make you happier and your daily drives pleasant to do.
Luckily I spend my days looking at nature, today in the cairngorms bliss and not one t6.177490FDC-AA43-449E-B58C-09E53A50DD9E.jpeg

Thanks Tom.

I have to say the brochure is a complete lash up, showing wheels & awning that cant be ordered & the digital dash in one of the smaller pictures.
Hi Andy

This is how its always been over the years, in very fine writing at the bottom they mention it being for illustrative purposes and not to UK specification. If you were to look at every brochure produced by Volkswagen across the whole van and car range you will find similar instances. Very frustrating I would agree.

Thanks Tom.

I have to say the brochure is a complete lash up, showing wheels & awning that cant be ordered & the digital dash in one of the smaller pictures.
Pretty sure you can’t order two tone paint either…

Hi Andy

This is how its always been over the years, in very fine writing at the bottom they mention it being for illustrative purposes and not to UK specification. If you were to look at every brochure produced by Volkswagen across the whole van and car range you will find similar instances. Very frustrating I would agree.
I think you’ll get a revised version pretty soon.. In the options section, the price list states 17” Aracaju Alloys as Standard on the Surf.

I want to know where all the Surfs speakers are - says it has eight but an Ocean only has 6!

Hi Andy

One of the best (worst) brochure mash ups was the first California Beach Tour brochures for the Australian market, showing no sliding door on the left hand side, and in another photo no sliding door on the right hand side either. Not much product knowledge or understanding there with whoever set that brochure.

Hi Stuart

You can get two tone on beach and ocean but a much considerable lead time. You'd be talking end of this year maybe next year.
Hi Tom,

If you ordered today, what are the current estimated lead times for an Ocean and a Surf in a standard colour without options?

Whenever a new model is on the horizon there are always plenty saying they prefer the old one, and that residuals will hold up as a result. It never comes true and suspect it won't this time, particularly if the new one is available as a hybrid, and the crackdown on diesels continue.

The multivan is longer, wider and only 63mm lower. Nothing to stop it being a great camper. Much better ride, even more car like to drive, plug in hybrid with 30 mile of range. Not sure I'd be putting £70k+ into a 6.1 at the moment. Screenshot_20230324_115215_com.android.chrome.jpg

The multivan is longer, wider and only 63mm lower. Nothing to stop it being a great camper. Much better ride, even more car like to drive, plug in hybrid with 30 mile of range. Not sure I'd be putting £70k+ into a 6.1 at the moment. View attachment 106329
I certainly will not be purchasing a T6.1 California, as it is definitely the last of the Transporter based vehicles.

The multivan is longer, wider and only 63mm lower. Nothing to stop it being a great camper. Much better ride, even more car like to drive, plug in hybrid with 30 mile of range. Not sure I'd be putting £70k+ into a 6.1 at the moment. View attachment 106329
The distance from front seats to rear is smaller than T6 due to the low angle of the windscreen hence smaller area inside The sides slope in more hence less room for up top bed. It will be a tight camper.

Back