Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling all Zwifter’s

Well done guys.
Thanks for organising Steve.
I had a brilliant session.

Bill, One of my best mates lives in the same village as yourself...:thumb
Maybe have to go out for a ride once weather and lockdown improves.

That went well.....

‘Stay together‘ option takes a bit of getting used to, but seemed to work alright.

Would anyone be up to joining the Sunday race thing I organise every week? Competition ranges between 2.5w/kg to 4w/kg. 9:15am start and will be done within the hour.

60463DCB-1194-47CE-B154-71934E93B5AE.png

Thought it was hilarious when Paul (I think) was sprinting past me at about 10w/kg then the “keep together” kicked in and his avatar nearly went over the handlebars :D

That went well.....

‘Stay together‘ option takes a bit of getting used to, but seemed to work alright.

Would anyone be up to joining the Sunday race thing I organise every week? Competition ranges between 2.5w/kg to 4w/kg. 9:15am start and will be done within the hour.

View attachment 72581

If BT fix my connection on Saturday morning, I might give it a bash...

How come my Avatar is representive of my age and grey beard. You all look a lot younger.

Early mornings no good for me at the weekends. Normally trying to get out with the dogs.

Thought it was hilarious when Paul (I think) was sprinting past me at about 10w/kg then the “keep together” kicked in and his avatar nearly went over the handlebars :D
Yep that was an odd feeling. I'm on a Wattbike Atom but the calibration is off by 20% so I run it with a set of Assioma power pedals. The Atom just went back to feeling odd. Hence the lap afterwards to recalibrate.

That went well.....

View attachment 72581
I’d be up for that but timing doesn’t really suit in normal lives as I try to be free with family. Will make an exception! Send me the link? I may be too slow at the moment Steve at mid 2’s. Give me 4 weeks

How come my Avatar is representive of my age and grey beard. You all look a lot younger.

Early mornings no good for me at the weekends. Normally trying to get out with the dogs.
You are the power king, so if it's under by 20% then double yikes!!

Also have an Atom, thought they were supposed to be +/- 2%, never actually checked it though. How do you do that....using power crank / pedals?

Invite for Sunday sent to @soulstyledevon @Ryemslie @Aca_chap so far.

Note that as Zwift releases riders from the pen up to 5 seconds apart, we don't do a sprint start. We ride a low speed (1.5w/kg or so) and everyone groups around the race organiser orange beacon thing (me). When we are grouped together, I then type 'Go, Go, Go' on the screen and the fun begins.

This fixes the issue of some folks being off down the road before others have even started. This Sunday is a flat course, as the mountain goats were winning every week, so putting something in there for the big wattage folks.

Different course every week, ranging between 25km to 32km, flat or hilly....so all should be done between 45-65mins. Proper racey, sometimes you'll be on your own, sometimes in a group chasing down the rider ahead. The blue bar across the screen is the finish line.
1611823802634.png

You are the power king, so if it's under by 20% then double yikes!!

Also have an Atom, thought they were supposed to be +/- 2%, never actually checked it though. How do you do that....using power crank / pedals?
Just set Zwift to use the pedals. Worth checking as they are inaccurate. I thought mine was off by about 50watts + 300w and was proved right. (actually 60w off). So 300 watts was 240 on the Atom. 400w at 320w etc.

If was using the Atom power you would have dropped me on the wind down lap.

Invite for Sunday sent to @soulstyledevon @Ryemslie @Aca_chap so far.

Note that as Zwift releases riders from the pen up to 5 seconds apart, we don't do a sprint start. We ride a low speed (1.5w/kg or so) and everyone groups around the race organiser orange beacon thing (me). When we are grouped together, I then type 'Go, Go, Go' on the screen and the fun begins.

This fixes the issue of some folks being off down the road before others have even started. This Sunday is a flat course, as the mountain goats were winning every week, so putting something in there for the big wattage folks.

Different course every week, ranging between 25km to 32km, flat or hilly....so all should be done between 45-65mins. Proper racey, sometimes you'll be on your own, sometimes in a group chasing down the rider ahead. The blue bar across the screen is the finish line.
View attachment 72593
This is great and I’m definitely up for this!

I’ll start of slow but know the gains come over weeks. I’m thinking about the summer and this is just the tonic I need.

Thanks for organising!

Interestingly I have no chest pains or anything after 160bpm average last night with 187bpm max. Did 220W average for most of it then cooled down. Lost 20% power I reckon. Easy to make this up!

Regular rides will help. Little and often. I was less than 120bpm for the most of the ride but in the 150s with Steve on our out lap hitting 172bpm on the extended sprint up the hill. 180bpm is about my max now.

One final point.....I'm aware this thread is 4 pages long already and is less than a week old.

Given this is a Cali forum, and even though it's under General Chit Chat, it feels like this thread will soon get tiring for non-cyclist.

If you're interested in moving it to a WhatsApp group chat, PM me your number and we can take general Zwift chat / 'how do I?' questions / posts about events away from this page and onto somewhere more suitable.

One final point.....I'm aware this thread is 4 pages long already and is less than a week old.

Given this is a Cali forum, and even though it's under General Chit Chat, it feels like this thread will soon get tiring for non-cyclist.

If you're interested in moving it to a WhatsApp group chat, PM me your number and we can take general Zwift chat / 'how do I?' questions / posts about events away from this page and onto somewhere more suitable.
Great idea

Done. I reckon come end of lockdown / Covid we should organise a camp / ride weekend. Road MTB or Cross. Happy with any.

Done. I reckon come end of lockdown / Covid we should organise a camp / ride weekend. Road MTB or Cross. Happy with any.
Im meant to be doing Fred whitton in may im Lake District. Couple of free spaces if it goes ahead. Did it self guided last year and was very enjoyable. Might be idea

Did the Fred in 2005, 2006 and 2009 ish. Know the course well. Its tough but enjoyable. I chained with a guy heading into Hardknott one year and I thought this guy is moving and I'm working hard to stay with him. As soon as he was over the cattle grid and at the start of the climb. He annouced that's me stuffed, I'm walking from here.