Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members other rides ..???!!!!

Got one of these in the garage waiting for me to get round to rebuilding it.
Innocenti Mini De Tomaso hatchback, never sold in this country.
redinnocentipic_zps71bbe8e8.jpg
Mine is a special edition in Nero metallic black which I bought new in Como in 1980, converted it to right hand drive, wife (now ex wife) rolled it six months later so I had to reshell it.
1275 A+ engine, mechanicals based on Cooper S, approx 80bhp as standard but mines been sorted.
Had a red one like the pic as well (inevitable got called De Tomatoes) but like most Italian cars of the era rust got the better of it.
When it's done we'll be out on the Italian Job charity rally, back to see its home.
De Tomaso bought the factory in Italy from British Leyland and carried on making these for a while.
Could be used as a Cali backup as well :crazy
Innocenticamper_zpse84e128a.jpg

How times (and prices ) have changed . When I was in Germany in 1959 I could have bought a new beetle for about £ 400.00 now I see VW are selling a Bugatti for a cool £2 million.
Anyone on here going to buy one???. :crazy :crazy Be a bit faster than the Karmann Ghia that I bought with a few miles on the clock for £150.00 Great little car. The exchange rate was just under 12 D.M to the £ Players or Senior Service fags 10 shillings (50P ) for 200

Briwy; cool little car. I had no idea De Tomaso made anything other than the Pantera. Which is now worth a fortune!

Our current wagon, a 2001 Land Rover Discovery TD5 - with one or two modifications. It's perfect for the mean streets of Tbilisi :cool:

This photo was taken in Azerbaijan, where we visited for a long weekend.

[album]1451[/album]

hewittd said:
Our current wagon, a 2001 Land Rover Discovery TD5 - with one or two modifications. It's perfect for the mean streets of Tbilisi :cool:

This photo was taken in Azerbaijan, where we visited for a long weekend.

[album]1451[/album]

Wow - exotic location! I bet you don't see many Calis out there?!

Just a couple of pictures of the SL55 AMG that I now have. You can see my new kombi demo and the A45 (just) in the background. The A45 is a serious tool!

cheers

rsz_img_1529.jpg rsz_img_1530.jpg

Alex; a lovely motor with an awesome soundtrack!

Absolutely. I keep looking into changing the exhaust slightly and removing the secondary cats and the centre silencer for a bit more volume but can't find any good videos of ones that have been done as don't want it to drone.

cheers

AAAAAaaarrrrggh! 2:45 & it starts raining in Cardiff - after all the sunshine & lovely, dry, grippy roads - it rains 15 minutes before I'm supposed to pick up my new
Triumph Street Triple R ABS !! Took one look at shiny, greasy road outside the dealership & the lovely untouched new tyres on the bike & wimped out! Too old for that sort of excitement- Delivery it is then - tomorrow - bugger! And rain forecast til Sunday!

Since I got my new cali I got rid of my A4 Avant as the cali is now my main vehicle, for a bit more fun on the road I have kept my old but mint VFR Honda.

And for off road, my KTM EXC 200, no 4 * 4 required.

P8090014r1.jpg P1140266.JPG

sbmcd said:
Since I got my new cali I got rid of my A4 Avant as the cali is now my main vehicle, for a bit more fun on the road I have kept my old but mint VFR Honda.

And for off road, my KTM EXC 200, no 4 * 4 required.

I absolutely loved my vfr's I had 2. Wish I still had them but I am looking for something
A little slower like a vespa :thumb

hi there my other ride is a BMW ALPINA D3 sports wagon its great but the cali better

Ive just ordered my wife a new Golf R.

Anyone want to buy an RS3?

Here's mine. I brought it when I was 18, it's had a fair bit of work done since then. It's not been out of the garage for about 5 years.DSCF1685_zpsfe4cc962.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

DSCF1670_zpsfc2eb8b0.jpg

Roy - that looks rather nice! What engine and what power is it running?

Oli - should be fun. The R is getting some good write ups. I need six cylinders or more in my "fun" car though (unless it was a bonkers R500/R620 or similar!) and RWD but the R was considered (I had an R32 years ago too).

KernowLad said:

Oli - should be fun. The R is getting some good write ups. I need six cylinders or more in my "fun" car though (unless it was a bonkers R500/R620 or similar!) and RWD but the R was considered (I had an R32 years ago too).

It's a 1380, last time it was on the rollers it had 98bhp at the wheels. Since then it has had the next stage cam fitted, twin cross pin competition diff and straight cut drop gears.

Raggedroy said:
KernowLad said:

It's a 1380, last time it was on the rollers it had 98bhp at the wheels. Since then it has had the next stage cam fitted, twin cross pin competition diff and straight cut drop gears.

Superb!

Dad had a new Cooper S aged 19 (he was doing well as a bass player) and utterly loved it. He got a BMW Cooper S which was fun but not the same; and incredibly bad on fuel too!

Bjohnson said:
No Cali.....yet, but i drive a Lexus IS220d (company car), wife has a mini cooper s convertible, my real passion are motorbikes though....

My regular ride is a triumph speed triple
Photo08-01-2012131032.jpg

My Trackday toy is a GSXR1000 K5 lavished with some choice upgrades
DSC01700.jpg

Updated my 'other ride' earlier this year :bananadance

4195990D-751A-4A0E-8206-BD6B3330B092_zpsyqrjtna5.jpg

2012 LR Discovery 4 XS Grey
2013 VW California 180 4Motion Grey
2008 Aston DB9 Volante Silver

mrteegrassgill said:

Very nice!!

mrteegrassgill said:

Nice collection you have there fella :)

Mines not so impressive ,so I'll not dwell on it ... Lol lol

Had our second Cornwall M135i meet on Sunday.
All went pretty well!

10252085_975891209095134_9162966109321219346_n.jpg

Culminating at the new Cornwall Services just of the A30 near Roche;

10171763_10152365011062805_1394195650000197902_n.jpg

Back