Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members other rides ..???!!!!

C

choplee

Guest User
Just some fun really to find out what other rides you have on the drive and see if there's some real head turners in the garage or if you should only take them out under the cover of darkness .... Lol lol :)

Don't be shy ...!!!!!!

Mine are boring Vw off the shelf .. Lol

2011 caddy spec'd up grey ....replaced with a berlingo to bash about for work
2000 beetle red.................replaced with a freelander 2 ,so the wife can bash about for work

Nothing special here really -

Mine is an A4 S-Line 3.0 V6 TDi Quattro S-Tronic (Although it is well spec'd :grin: )

Hers is a MK6 Golf 2.0 (140) Bluemotion Tech Plus Tree Hugger Edition :laugh2

The Golf is actually remarkably economical and can see 65 mpg without any effort. Wish I could say the same for mine :doh

Mine is my daily driver and my only vehicle

I gave up my Volvo C30d SE. That was a great car - beautiful interior - so comfortable on long runs and if only all car makeers could make interiors that nice and easy to use :)

Appalling low speed ride and I mean appalling and thirst not so great - beautiful looking thing though

I of course have the VW Vanagon 1991 - Carat Spec - Westfalia - that's going to go.

James

Just my Cali on the drive now, used to have a Merc C63 so now £££'s better off with just the one vehicle

We finished our long standing relationship with our much loved '52 reg Boxster and a useful and comfortable Volvo V50 when we got our Cali. We don't miss them. Our other transport is now a 12 year old Yaris with 95k on the clock.

Also fixing up this state-of-the-art 1x2 transport with occasionally functioning three speed Sturmey-Archer.

P1120383 copy.jpg

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Also fixing up this state-of-the-art 1x2 transport with occasionally functioning three speed Sturmey-Archer.

Ahh, the 3 Speed Sturmy Archer :boohoo

I suppose upgrading to a twist grip wouldn't fit with the character of that would it :rofl

All rides of some sort:

1970 Triumph Spitfire MKIII
1982 Land Rover Series III Stage 1 V8 Station Wagon
1992 Laser 2 Regatta 9101 "Purple Reign"
2000 Laser Pico 4050
2001 Brompton Bicycle M3L with 6 speed upgrade
2010 Volkswagen California 140 GP SE
2010 Brompton Bicycle M6L "B-Spoke"
2010 Venture Ranger 16 Canadian Canoe
2010 Cube Limited Pro MTB

Seb

sebking said:
All rides of some sort:

2000 Laser Pico 4050

Seb

Nice little array of transport fella :)

Custard said:

I gave up my Volvo C30d SE. That was a great car - beautiful interior - so comfortable on long runs and if only all car makeers could make interiors that nice and easy to use :)

Appalling low speed ride and I mean appalling and thirst not so great - beautiful looking thing though

James

You are deffo a Volvo owner James ... I had 2-3 makes in mind and volvo was right in there :) lol ... I'm glad u didn't disappoint me

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
2005 Mini Cooper S
2002 BMW M5
1989 Golf GTI 8V (Race car)

Plus work Caddy kombi van as well. M5 is currently SORNED as I wasn't using it, hope to get it back out early next year.

cheers

sebking said:
All rides of some sort:

2000 Laser Pico 4050

Seb

Ah, you're quite right - not justfour wheels.

I should have included 1978 Albacore 6512 "Red Herring". Previous RS200, Laser and Optimists long gone.

The 1964 VW splitscreen camper and my Volvo C30 daily were replaced by the California.

We still have:-

2009 Volvo XC60 D5 4wd
and a Chesil Speedster (Porsche 356 replica which I built myself from a kit)

Simon

smgcowfold said:
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
2005 Mini Cooper S
2002 BMW M5
1989 Golf GTI 8V (Race car)

Plus work Caddy kombi van as well. M5 is currently SORNED as I wasn't using it, hope to get it back out early next year.

cheers

Wow. Any pics of M5 and 89 8 valver?? :clap

choplee said:
Custard said:

James

You are deffo a Volvo owner James ... I had 2-3 makes in mind and volvo was right in there :) lol ... I'm glad u didn't disappoint me

lol

It was a leftfield choice - C30's not the best in the class - not particularly a great new buy but I picked up a 2007 ex dealer demo with a ton of kit.

2nd hand they make great sense - it just became a bit null of void when I wasn't get the use out of it.

Beautiful car though to be in and look at.

And of course the VW Vanagon - which was a bit mental - an American Spec T25 is a different beast and beast is the word. It's arare Carat Spec, electric windows, central locking, power steering, cruise, air con with aircraft style vents.

But we've had a few probs with it and it's time for it to go :)

Pippa5-2.jpg

Pippa6-1.jpg

Pippa10-1.jpg

PippaRadio1.jpg

Pippa5.jpg

You see the origins of the Beach here - these were based on European Multivans - Whitestars, Bluestars etc. VW in the US kitted them out with a grey late 80's VW Velour interior. The seat folds into a bed. It has two 'taxi' seats behind the driver and passenger seat which fold up. Carat spec got you lowered ride, and these silver bumpers and areo panels on the side

What makes did you have in mind.

well....we have had afew interesting one's ...... and makes my bettle ,caddy line up look abit dull... :doh

BMW 335d Touring -around 300bhp so it moves well.

Salcombe Flyer 14.5ft speedboat with a 2 stroke 60 (very light so nippy!)
An array of surfboards, waterskis and wake boards
Several push bikes
A Dagger Blackwater Kayak

Think that's it!

2007 VW Phaeton 3.0 (265 hp and 515NM) for long journeys :clap

2012 VW Up! Bluemotion (60 hp) for shuttling to work in London :headwall

1979 2.2 255bhp ex-works Crysler Sunbeam Lotus still in Talbot works colours - for :shocked moments

No Cali unfortunately.

Golf Bluemotion tech match.....

......and Sharan arrives this week. Can't wait to hand my Grand (not so grand) Picasso back!!

davefevs said:
No Cali unfortunately.

Golf Bluemotion tech match.....

......and Sharan arrives this week. Can't wait to hand my Grand (not so grand) Picasso back!!

Oh yes .. It will make u smile handing the grand Picasso back :)

Smile!!!

I'd hang out the bunting and call a party.

I had the misfortune to travel in one as a hire car in France last year. Say no more. :headwall

We have the Golf BM treehugger Tech Plus which I guess is similar to yours and I find it a very likable and capable car. It replaced a 4 year old Leon TDi 140 which we never really loved.

Nice machine MickyBlue.

I traded my 04 K1200RS in for the cali as I was told not to ride it due to medical issues.

Back