Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cambelt and Water Pump replacement - essential before "All in" Acceptance?

kurienp

kurienp

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
With my extended warranty coming to an end in Dec, and a service also due, wanted to also get the "All in" check done on the van for the All in service plan. Dealer says that I have to get the Cambelt and the Water Pump done before I can expect to have an "All in" check and acceptance processed.

Wanted to hear other peoples views, especially people who have gone for the all in service plan.

67 Reg Dec 2017 (coming to 5 years), T6 done 35000 mls.

With my extended warranty coming to an end in Dec, and a service also due, wanted to also get the "All in" check done on the van for the All in service plan. Dealer says that I have to get the Cambelt and the Water Pump done before I can expect to have an "All in" check and acceptance processed.

Wanted to hear other peoples views, especially people who have gone for the all in service plan.

Yes, four years for cambelt replacement as per VW service schedule.

Never heard of the ‘all in’ check for a service plan. But, as you will know, in the UK, the cambelt replacement is set to 4 years. No-one knows why it is different to other countries as far as I can tell.

Never heard of the ‘all in’ check for a service plan. But, as you will know, in the UK, the cambelt replacement is set to 4 years. No-one knows why it is different to other countries as far as I can tell.
The all in includes warranty and MOT so they will want everything done in case of a warranty claim. Great value.

I will be in the same situation next year,

my thoughts were that VW will make your van meet there maintenance schedule or they simply will not entertain the “All in Warranty “, hence the inspection process, they get to check your van for faults, missing service items etc prior to acceptance. I.e. VW make you meet the criteria either via existing warranty claim to rectify issues (whilst in warranty) or make the customer pay to fix issues before the “all in” commences.

it’s quite a cute way to ensure claims cannot be made for existing faults and to gift the dealer additional work.

what I Am Not sure about, is if the Belt and pump are replaced by a Non VW approved garage, how does that fit into the equation (I know legally VW can’t make you use a VW Dealer, but in practice? )

I will be in the same situation next year,

my thoughts were that VW will make your van meet there maintenance schedule or they simply will not entertain the “All in Warranty “, hence the inspection process, they get to check your van for faults, missing service items etc prior to acceptance. I.e. VW make you meet the criteria either via existing warranty claim to rectify issues (whilst in warranty) or make the customer pay to fix issues before the “all in” commences.

it’s quite a cute way to ensure claims cannot be made for existing faults and to gift the dealer additional work.

what I Am Not sure about, is if the Belt and pump are replaced by a Non VW approved garage, how does that fit into the equation (I know legally VW can’t make you use a VW Dealer, but in practice? )
I presume as it is a product sold by VWUK they get to set the acceptance conditions so they can insist on all service etc: done by the VW Dealership network to the schedule stated by VW UK.

Provided you can prove VW parts were used , work was carried out by a competent garage on same terms as VW repair then should be ok.

But given that price difference versus VW won’t be too much given the value of the van..probably better to get it done with VW to avoid the argument over a warranty claim.

Provided you can prove VW parts were used , work was carried out by a competent garage on same terms as VW repair then should be ok.

But given that price difference versus VW won’t be too much given the value of the van..probably better to get it done with VW to avoid the argument over a warranty claim.
It wouldn't matter how good the Independant garage was etc: if VWUK insist that as a condition of sale all service items are completed according to the published schedule and by a VW Dealership and entered on the VW vehicle database then they have the right to refuse.

Had ours done by independent dealer also had to have brake fluid changed by the garage even though I did it myself ,had to show receipts to prove work has been done.

I had this last year with my Golf. I had to have the cam belt and water pump done(it was overdue, not had the vehicle long) before acceptance onto the scheme. Happy with the scheme so far, i like the warranty and recovery aspect for reassurance.

Just bare in mind the very poor view of VW service before you lock yourself into it. There are people on here who have literally waited years to have roof problems fixed.

I would politely suggest anyone describing a VW warranty as good value possibly hasn’t had anything go wrong.

There are people who have had their van damaged while being ‘repaired’.

VW garages will be fine at fixing Transporter mechanicals but anything to do with the camping parts of the van - they are famously hopeless. They don’t seem to realise it’s their product and nobody seems to have ever given them a basic manual.

I have a 2008 Golf bought new and a 2008 California bought in 2009. Both excellent products. I have used a VW independent for more than 10 years. This is not to do with cost. This is to do with incompetence. When I changed the roof sensors myself three years ago it was for one reason. I didn’t trust anyone else to do it.

Last edited:
Back