Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingaz 907 refill - UK price rip-off!

thread resurrection!

I have just been quoted £52 for a 907 refill at my local supplier. £100 for a new bottle and refill.
Not sure if this is fuel price effect or something else. Anyone successfully bought a refill in the last few weeks at a sensible price? I don’t actually need one at present but the supplier is at to the top of my road so thought I would enquire. He said the price has recently shot up.
Flo Gas charges a total of £99. Absolute rip off.

@CampervanBits
Do you only do the 907 or bigger bottles for the GC?
Also is it exchange only or do you have some empties as well?

We do all sizes. It is exchange only at the moment as calor will not allow us to sell their bottles

Thanks - thats what I was afraid of.
Looks like my GC is going to be running off the two 907 bottles!

thread resurrection!

I have just been quoted £52 for a 907 refill at my local supplier. £100 for a new bottle and refill.
Not sure if this is fuel price effect or something else. Anyone successfully bought a refill in the last few weeks at a sensible price? I don’t actually need one at present but the supplier is at to the top of my road so thought I would enquire. He said the price has recently shot up.
My local price for a refill £35 And that’s delivered.
1642944806725.png

thread resurrection!

£50 at Chorley
https://chorleybottlegas.co.uk/shop/campingaz-gas-cylinders/campingaz-r-907-cylinder-complete

get an under slung lpg tank you will so recover the cost .the last time we filled up it was 7.50
Have you done that to your California? (Sorry I can’t see what van you’ve got on my iPhone)

Have you done that to your California? (Sorry I can’t see what van you’ve got on my iPhone)
yes underslung tank fitted like this on our ocean t6

VW T5 & T6 LPG Vapour Tank​

This LPG vapour tank kit is by far our best seller and so echo’s the popularity of the excellent and legendary Volkswagen van, converted by many companies and home converters countrywide into multifunctional motorhomes.

The tank is 15 litre water capacity so at the 80% cut-out will hold 6kg of LPG. The tank sits in-front of the spare wheel and picks up on four existing holes in the chassis, holes normally used by the diff on the 4motion model. These holes are drilled to take the supplied 13mm rivnuts so ensuring a strong and secure mounting for the tank.

Thanks - thats what I was afraid of.
Looks like my GC is going to be running off the two 907 bottles!
I picked up 2 empty Calor Propane bottles for free, Builders yard.

Facebook Marketplace has a few. Place at St Albans supplies new.

I picked up 2 empty Calor Propane bottles for free, Builders yard.

Facebook Marketplace has a few. Place at St Albans supplies new.
@B J G have you got details of the St Albans place please. Have looked all round here & no one will sell me anything without an empty to trade.

Even our local tip didn’t have any.

I recently paid £62 for a 901 cylinder for my new Cadac BBQ. I was advised it will only cost £23 when I need to refill it but I was amazed at the price for such a small cylinder - and how few places sell them.
another reason to buy an underslung tank fill up at petrol station

Just picked up some gas for £4.02 including the cylinder in Morocco: the bloke assured me it was 3kg and the fitting is the same as campingaz. The one I got was one of the less battered ones and there didn’t seem to be any differentiation in the cylinder colour. I wonder if they’ll exchange it in GoOutdoors when it runs out at home!

They also have the valves for £2 like the ones in the club shop for £21.99.

7299E5AA-702E-4296-8845-779A598C20D8.jpeg93D629BC-E40B-4DD8-A15F-441724C52268.jpeg0A4ACEC5-3B55-41B4-BA09-9177744A5511.jpeg

We have a 15L underslung on our T6. Does not work on a 4 wheel drive as the tank goes where the rear differential goes. Local log price is currently £0.80/L so £11.00 for a full tank of 15 L. The issue might turn out to be the medium to long term availability of LPG Autogas.

Just picked up some gas for £4.02 including the cylinder in Morocco: the bloke assured me it was 3kg and the fitting is the same as campingaz. The one I got was one of the less battered ones and there didn’t seem to be any differentiation in the cylinder colour. I wonder if they’ll exchange it in GoOutdoors when it runs out at home!

They also have the valves for £2 like the ones in the club shop for £21.99.

View attachment 106130View attachment 106131View attachment 106132

spray it with blue to cover any “manufacturers“ markings (if it has any)
Go will not know the difference , just make sure it’s got a handle / valve cap

Considering I’ve only had 3 refills for my 907 cylinders in 8 years it would have to be ridiculously cheap to fit a LPG tank to my van.
2 of the replacements bought in Spain + €18 each,
So exactly how much is a 15 litre tank fully fitted price.