Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can’t find a beach

Marcuk03

Marcuk03

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Myself and partner have been hunting high and low for a decent beach but there doesn’t seem to be much available apart from a few well over priced vans at some vw dealers.

Can anyone recommend any reputable converters where we could get something similar built ?

Just after a nice day van really, would love a beach but would consider other alternatives

Many Thanks

Marcus

Myself and partner have been hunting high and low for a decent beach but there doesn’t seem to be much available apart from a few well over priced vans at some vw dealers.

Can anyone recommend any reputable converters where we could get something similar built ?

Just after a nice day van really, would love a beach but would consider other alternatives

Many Thanks

Marcus
There was a red one on the classifieds (in London) that seems to have been on for a while.

I’m afraid with what’s happening in the world it’s pushed the prices to silly levels which doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.
As far as a conversion good second hand vans are fetching premium prices and converters are working flat out with orders They already have...Can I ask what’s wrong with the T6 Ocean?

There was a red one on the classifieds (in London) that seems to have been on for a while.
Yes I’ve seen this one and the price is very good as well but was hoping for something a bit newer and possibly not red either.
I’m starting to realise I might not be able to be this picky though

I’m afraid with what’s happening in the world it’s pushed the prices to silly levels which doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.
As far as a conversion good second hand vans are fetching premium prices and converters are working flat out with orders They already have...Can I ask what’s wrong with the T6 Ocean?
We’ve just sold an ocean. The bed isn’t wide enough for us and the unit’s , hob or sink didn’t get used either apart from the fridge.
So looking for a more flexible space.

Yes I’ve seen this one and the price is very good as well but was hoping for something a bit newer and possibly not red either.

What age Beach are you looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did just try and message you but it won’t let me. Maybe it’s your privacy settings or my Tapatalk - are you a vip/subscriber?

I did just try and message you but it won’t let me. Maybe it’s your privacy settings or my Tapatalk - are you a vip/subscriber?

No I’m just a std user but assume you could message me privately.
My email is
marcuk03@+++++.com
might be easier
Thanks
Marcus

Does anyone have any experience with Danbury van converters ? What’s the quality like compared with a California .

I’ve all but given up looking for a 4 year old Beach. At the prices dealers are charging (48k seems to be about the minimum) it would be a far cheaper ownership proposition to buy a new one through a broker with the addons I want for about £57k and sell after 3 or 4 years.

Interestingly the GFV being offered on a new base spec Beach is only 30500 after 4 years and 40k miles. I suspect with inflation etc it should be easily possible to sell for much more than that when the times comes.

I’ve all but given up looking for a 4 year old Beach. At the prices dealers are charging (48k seems to be about the minimum) it would be a far cheaper ownership proposition to buy a new one through a broker with the addons I want for about £57k and sell after 3 or 4 years.

Interestingly the GFV being offered on a new base spec Beach is only 30500 after 4 years and 40k miles. I suspect with inflation etc it should be easily possible to sell for much more than that when the times comes.
This is fine if you don’t mind waiting a year or two to get your order. Plus the price rises that VW impose ( possibly 2 a year). Which could add up to 8-10%.

This is fine if you don’t mind waiting a year or two to get your order. Plus the price rises that VW impose ( possibly 2 a year). Which could add up to 8-10%.
Valid points yes. I’d be happy to wait up to a year but not much longer than that. Hadn’t thought about them hiking the price of your order whilst it’s in progress kind- not the best way of treating your customers!

Having said that the new good stuff you get on the 6.1 does appeal - mainly elec steering and radar cruise. Plus the fact you can have your own spec. Lots of the used dealer stock seems to be completely base spec at the moment.

Valid points yes. I’d be happy to wait up to a year but not much longer than that. Hadn’t thought about them hiking the price of your order whilst it’s in progress kind- not the best way of treating your customers!

Having said that the new good stuff you get on the 6.1 does appeal - mainly elec steering and radar cruise. Plus the fact you can have your own spec. Lots of the used dealer stock seems to be completely base spec at the moment.
Only you know what you need in a camper van but there will always be something new on the dashboard that tickles your fancy. Mine is 7 years old now and it does all the things I need in a Campervan. The more bits mean eventually more bits to go wrong. And they can be extremely expensive. In a few years they will be powered by an alternative fuel anyway that’s if Governments don’t backtrack because of the current situation. Who knows.

Only you know what you need in a camper van but there will always be something new on the dashboard that tickles your fancy. Mine is 7 years old now and it does all the things I need in a Campervan. The more bits mean eventually more bits to go wrong. And they can be extremely expensive. In a few years they will be powered by an alternative fuel anyway that’s if Governments don’t backtrack because of the current situation. Who knows.
Older vans tend to be better spec'd as 'old' basic spec was quite good. In recent years they seem to charge extra for everything (even foglights looking at newer classifieds).

Older vans tend to be better spec'd as 'old' basic spec was quite good. In recent years they seem to charge extra for everything (even foglights looking at newer classifieds).
I’ve never really looked to see what new vans have to offer but it’s always the same with vehicles the spec changes all the time. We bought ours from a dealer new (That’s when dealers had stock) just before the new T6 model came out and they had specked it with lots of extras. But then we didn’t really want a rechargeable torch at £80 but the comfort mattress etc etc were very handy.

I’ve never really looked to see what new vans have to offer but it’s always the same with vehicles the spec changes all the time. We bought ours from a dealer new (That’s when dealers had stock) just before the new T6 model came out and they had specked it with lots of extras. But then we didn’t really want a rechargeable torch at £80 but the comfort mattress etc etc were very handy.
Sorry, meant Beach models. Oceans have seem to have good base spec before any options are added.

Hi there, the red one is actually mine! It's a great van and I've priced it reasonably because I'm looking for a quick sale and rather sell to someone privately than a dealer / Motorway etc who will then sell at a big mark up. And it looks great in red! I'd be very happy to have a chat and tell you more.

Ideally no older than 2016 so a t6 model if possible

There’s a nice looking white T6 on autotrader for £41,450 atm. Has been on a while too…
Also has VW warranty

Last edited:
Love our 6.1 Beach bought itast June two tone Bay leaf green. We paid 59k with all extras but last week was offered 67k, crazy times!

Love our 6.1 Beach bought itast June two tone Bay leaf green. We paid 59k with all extras but last week was offered 67k, crazy times!

You wouldn’t be able to get a new one for £67k prices are higher than that now for a beach with most of the extras

There’s a nice looking white T6 on autotrader for £41,450 atm. Has been on a while too…
Also has VW warranty
Yes I saw that one and it looks really nice . The major downside is that it’s in north wales and we’re based on the south coast so not sure I want multiple trips up there to look and then buy or a single ‘pressure’ viewing.

Back