Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carrs VW Van Centre Exeter

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I would never use any of the Devon or Cornwall dealers again until something drastic happens! for me it was well worth the extra journey time to Breeze in Poole, I agree we should not have to but that extra hour drive is better than the stress of using the likes of Carrs

Lucky you with an hours drive for good service. We are considering a five hour drive for our next service as good dealers are very thin on the ground up here in Scotland.

Wobble’s Mum

Wobble’s Mum

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Are people logging their complaints about Carr's with VWCS ? I have also had other problems reported to me about Carr's which have not publicly been posted on forum ?

Yes, I phoned yesterday to obtain detail of how to complain directly to them, and over the weekend will get all the photos etc together to log with VWCS.

jillyfish

jillyfish

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
we had test drive there last August. this was the start of our journey towards purchase. tried to get a decent quote from them, but despite a very nice, new and not very informed chap wanting to help, this was not forthcoming. Totally unable to park within the vicinity and had to wait ages it seemed to be seen by anyone at all. There was an aggrieved customer shouting at them in the showroom when we were waiting, saying they had painted a panel the complete wrong colour....sales mgr apologised to US about it ( The chap was telling all within earshot to stay clear from Carrs for any work). I emailed them few months later, heard nothing, rang them and was told that our contact had left, but sales mgr would contact us. he never did. noted other poor feedback and decided then and there that we would not even use them for servicing, when we did purchase our Cali even though they are the most conveniently located centre. Hence we are now getting from Breeze, Poole and happy to journey for services etc trusting that they will be as good as others say they are.

Jason Just Chilling

Jason Just Chilling

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Credit where credit is due, playing devils advocate, for Carrs. I now have a T6 Beech (previously 2 X SE and 1 Beech} that I picked up from VW Oxford, I had a lot of drama from them, a lack of PDI, damaged mirror and other bits and pieces. However, when these issues came up, I crossed referenced with Carrs, James and Tony have been patient and informative, they have recently serviced my current Cali and previously an SE (including roof warranty) and I'll also return with future business. You can't judge a book by its cover, every dealer has both good and not so good sides, Oxford had all the bells and whistles but I will not return with any future business, Carrs as mentioned the parking is tight but really not a problem, their service and information is sound. Its often not what we say but how you say it. Have a good day all.

devon_matt

devon_matt

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I've taken some time to review Carrs, just to make sure I had the whole picture from purchase to servicing.

I placed my order with them in June 2020 and overall it was OK. There were times when they were unresponsive, but there were times when they were really proactive. Ordering in the pandemic and with a commercial vehicle dealer was always going to be troublesome I suppose. However, my overall view of the Carrs purchasing is positive.

Servicing has been really good, I had concerns after reading other peoples issues with them on the forums but to be fair, I've received a really good service.

The water pump failed, and they were quick to book it in (within a couple of days), they had ordered parts just in case so were ready to go if the failure was confirmed. When I called to book it in, I was also advised that there was a recall and they could do this at the same time (wiring loom possibly rubbing against steering column). The van was ready to collect on time, and has been fine since.

We have an issue with the waste water tank not showing as empty (its been like that since we brought it, I just kept forgetting to report it!). Again, the service guys were able to book it in quickly and advised me of another recall (something to do with the roof - not sure yet..). Again it was just a few days to get it booked in. Unfortunately some covid isolation has got in the way of the work being done - however they were quick to call me and rearrange a time.

Overall, I have no problems and would recommend them.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I've taken some time to review Carrs, just to make sure I had the whole picture from purchase to servicing.

I placed my order with them in June 2020 and overall it was OK. There were times when they were unresponsive, but there were times when they were really proactive. Ordering in the pandemic and with a commercial vehicle dealer was always going to be troublesome I suppose. However, my overall view of the Carrs purchasing is positive.

Servicing has been really good, I had concerns after reading other peoples issues with them on the forums but to be fair, I've received a really good service.

The water pump failed, and they were quick to book it in (within a couple of days), they had ordered parts just in case so were ready to go if the failure was confirmed. When I called to book it in, I was also advised that there was a recall and they could do this at the same time (wiring loom possibly rubbing against steering column). The van was ready to collect on time, and has been fine since.

We have an issue with the waste water tank not showing as empty (its been like that since we brought it, I just kept forgetting to report it!). Again, the service guys were able to book it in quickly and advised me of another recall (something to do with the roof - not sure yet..). Again it was just a few days to get it booked in. Unfortunately some covid isolation has got in the way of the work being done - however they were quick to call me and rearrange a time.

Overall, I have no problems and would recommend them.
Hi @devon_matt, mines had the roof recall when at a dealership for something else and ‘touch wood’ not had any issues. Had no issues prior to the recall either but I guess it’s worth having the update.
Regarding the waste tank showing some water in it when the tank is empty. Mine’s always done that and it’s just something I live with, however if your dealership solves the issue i’d be keen to know. I’ll then mention it when my van goes in for a service. Cheers, Mike

devon_matt

devon_matt

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi @GrumpyGranddad the official verdict is that's how the waste tank works so no fix or change for me!

Just for anyone else, the roof recall was just to check if there was any rust / corrosion issues (think they are worried due to previous roofs having so many issues).

VW California Club