Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changed my mind about the 600

Who would believe that a white one stays looking cleaner.
Me, now for one, we have a white one in the stable and it always looks
clean, the black one looks like it needs a clean after just nipping to the shops.
white is definitely a forgiving colour mr Westfalia it needs a lot less attention than dark colours and in the sun it Will never look like someone has washed it with a Brillo pad :)
hope your keeping well buddy . :thumb

white is definitely a forgiving colour mr Westfalia it needs a lot less attention than dark colours and in the sun it Will never look like someone has washed it with a Brillo pad :)
hope your keeping well buddy . :thumb
Agree there jay, you are off soon aren't you ? moving onto having more room.
Was it a new westy ??
Post loads of pics on here and make sure you link me in then i dont
miss it.
Cool.

Agree there jay, you are off soon aren't you ? moving onto having more room.
Was it a new westy ??
Post loads of pics on here and make sure you link me in then i dont
miss it.
Cool.
Yep a Westfalia Sven hedin ..
It isn’t due until March next year..
.I’m still struggling with the thought of selling the cali to be honest.
Would have preferred to see a Sven properly in the flesh before parting with our cali .
Briefly looked at one at the nec but there was that many people trying to look it was a nightmare.
I have even though if driving over to Germany to veiw one .

If you know of any reputable dealers over there give us a heads up I’ll put some miles on the 6.1 and have myself a road trip.
Will deffo get plenty pictures on here when the time comes (if I’m allowed) ;)

Would have preferred to see a Sven properly in the flesh before parting with our cali .
Briefly looked at one at the nec but there was that many people trying to look it was a nightmare.

If you know of any reputable dealers over there give us a heads up I’ll put some miles on the 6.1 and have myself a road trip.

Cool, if we went for a larger van we have already earmarked the Sven Hedin aswell. Try Mobile.de to check out German dealers

You’ve seriously sunk £80k into a camper van you haven’t really seen?
Are you mental...?
You get definitely deserve a brave medal :thumb

I had a real-good look over the Sven before buying the Knaus Boxdrive. Provided you can live with the transverse bed I would expect you’ll be very pleased. The build quality was A1 and the general design was good. So, so much better than the dentist surgery on wheels. I went for the knaus as I wanted the larger bed and thought it was better value (Knaus customer service is abysmal tho).

Going back to @jimc post. After spending some time looking at the GC I came to the same conclusion. Build quality was just not quite there and for the extra VW premium I thought it was overpriced. Couldn’t help but think VW was expecting people to part with £70k+ to beta test their product.

As for the Adria, good choice, best conversion on the market (IMHOI). Really wanted one but after a load of sole searching I just knew I wouldn’t be able to live with the fiat gearbox. If they offered a crafter base they’d clean up the market!
Enjoy your new van!

You’ve seriously sunk £80k into a camper van you haven’t really seen?
Are you mental...?
You get definitely deserve a brave medal :thumb
No a £1000 deposit?
We owned a Westfalia columbus in 2016 it’s basically the same layout but slightly smaller inside.so I’m not green like your thinking!
wanted to have a good look at the pop out.
where you getting £80k from because ours isn’t

Last edited:
I had a real-good look over the Sven before buying the Knaus Boxdrive. Provided you can live with the transverse bed I would expect you’ll be very pleased. The build quality was A1 and the general design was good. So, so much better than the dentist surgery on wheels. I went for the knaus as I wanted the larger bed and thought it was better value (Knaus customer service is abysmal tho).

Going back to @jimc post. After spending some time looking at the GC I came to the same conclusion. Build quality was just not quite there and for the extra VW premium I thought it was overpriced. Couldn’t help but think VW was expecting people to part with £70k+ to beta test their product.

As for the Adria, good choice, best conversion on the market (IMHOI). Really wanted one but after a load of sole searching I just knew I wouldn’t be able to live with the fiat gearbox. If they offered a crafter base they’d clean up the market!
Enjoy your new van!
We almost bought a boxdrive and I do look back sometimes and wish we had just gone for it .
Premium motorhomes had one at the start of lockdown we drove over when things eased and viewed it.stunning the beds Awsome but the shower was putting us off it’s a great design and idea but it just got in the way.
It didn’t put me off but the wife wasn’t sure

The dealers are miles away from me. you could email them directly saying that you're
wetting your pants with excitement and you would like to see one in the flesh :)

The Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf is meant to still be on this year, they've moved the dates on
but a few have pulled out, Hymer have pulled out but i think @westfalia are there.
This year they are limiting it to 20k people per day, if you're able to charm them at
HQ you might get some tickets for it.

The dealers are miles away from me. you could email them directly saying that you're
wetting your pants with excitement and you would like to see one in the flesh :)

The Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf is meant to still be on this year, they've moved the dates on
but a few have pulled out, Hymer have pulled out but i think @westfalia are there.
This year they are limiting it to 20k people per day, if you're able to charm them at
HQ you might get some tickets for it.
That’s an idea .
Thankyou.
There’s a few on the mobil.de at dealerships also
I think I’ll see if I can sort something out ,
Just nice to spend an hour looking over one in the flesh then selling the 6.1 ocean won’t be with hesitation
Cheers mr westy
As always

If your not cracking a joke
you’re being helpful
Definitely a credit to this forum :thumb

Last edited:
That’s an idea .
Thankyou.
There’s a few on the mobil.de at dealerships also
I think I’ll see if I can sort something out ,
Just nice to spend an hour looking over one in the flesh then selling the 6.1 ocean won’t be with hesitation
Cheers me westy
As always

If your not cracking a joke
you’re being helpful
Definitely a credit to this forum :thumb
I will look on mobile.de to see if there's any near my hood.
Is yours gonna be a MAN cos on their website they only show them now.
My mate has swapped his old crafter for a MAN, he said the after sales service
was better and he likes having a dog on the front of it :)

images-86.jpeg

I will look on mobile.de to see if there's any near my hood.
Is yours gonna be a MAN cos on their website they only show them now.
My mate has swapped his old crafter for a MAN, he said the after sales service
was better and he likes having a dog on the front of it :)

View attachment 61171
Yep there all on man now apparently vw has stopped Westfalia and knaus using crafters for there conversions ?
I wonder why (GC)
I don’t mind either it’s the same vehicle that goes down the same production line and MAN are close by for me so it will be a lot easier to take it there for services there open 24/7 and they have big truck size car parks ;)
I think I’ll call Westfalia see if I can get some tickets .thanks buddy if you see anything give me a shout :cool:

No a £1000 deposit?
We owned a Westfalia columbus in 2016 it’s basically the same layout but slightly smaller inside.so I’m not green like your thinking!
wanted to have a good look at the pop out.
where you getting £80k from because ours isn’t

I did have a look round one at the last motor home show. I thought it was in that sort of price bracket.
I do question Cali pricing, when you see the price of other motor homes with more kit for less money...???

We almost bought a boxdrive and I do look back sometimes and wish we had just gone for it .
Premium motorhomes had one at the start of lockdown we drove over when things eased and viewed it.stunning the beds Awsome but the shower was putting us off it’s a great design and idea but it just got in the way.
It didn’t put me off but the wife wasn’t sure
Ive heard one or two say they didn’t like the shower. For me it was a key selling point. I thought it was a practical use of space and I liked the separation from the toilet. I would agree it isn’t the most attractive solution though. I thought Adria’s idea of the hinged panel was by far the best solution but fiat was a compromise too far for me.

Can't see past the HymerCar Ayers Rock range or the Westfalia Columbus 540D for the same or less money....just a better layout in the Ducato/Pug base and the quality is tried and tested with the vehicle and the converters. The VW offers no innovation in the 5.4M to 6M+ van based offerings. It really needed to look at the big boys in this category and take notes.

It won't be an icon like a proper Cali, it will be remembered as an also ran in the league it's in.

We didn’t like the Beluga Whale look of the 600 so are just about to pick up a Sprinter based Hymer Free 600s. Gutted to be leaving the VW scene but it just suited our needs (and pockets) better. I can recommend Travelworld in Stafford if you want to go down that route
I think that’s where VW will have the problem, to me it seems overpriced for the market. I think you made a good decision tbh.

Good choice lovely van
Thank goodness some people are seeing sense and buying ADRIA vans or HYMER vans instead of the overpriced VW hype I had a Cali Berghaus for 6 years got fed up with roof issues crap dealer service and then all the crap about the 180 bi turbo I saw the lite sold it and bought an ADRIA Matrix should have done it years ago Cali is an overpriced Day / weekend van that’s it still the best camper by far beats the other converted crap by miles

Enjoy your new van!
We went for the new 9 speed auto, it’s great.

Just for interests sake.
I was originally going to trade my VW camper conversion in against the 600. I thought it was the ‘easiest’ way to do it. Listers offered me £17000 against an £80000 van, which was a joke, I then took it back to the people who did the conversion, they offered £25000 to buy outright. Listers then went to £19000 when I told them. I nearly took the 25, but decided to try it for two weeks on Autotrader. My reason for not doing that in the first place was to avoid tyre-kickers, etc. It sold within 3 days for £33500.00...

Just for interests sake.
I was originally going to trade my VW camper conversion in against the 600. I thought it was the ‘easiest’ way to do it. Listers offered me £17000 against an £80000 van, which was a joke, I then took it back to the people who did the conversion, they offered £25000 to buy outright. Listers then went to £19000 when I told them. I nearly took the 25, but decided to try it for two weeks on Autotrader. My reason for not doing that in the first place was to avoid tyre-kickers, etc. It sold within 3 days for £33500.00...

wow...I recognise motor dealers are taking on all the risk and need to turn a profit, but there’s a profit and then there’s profiteering.

Just for interests sake.

absolute sharks

Just for interests sake.
Have you thought about changing your vehicle status under location? Pleased you found the right van for you in the end.

Back