Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing zenon lights over to right hand drive

P

Paul Crouch

Hi all , has anyone changed their head lights over to right hand drive , I believe it can be done by going into a mode of some sort? Any advice welcome as off to France next week
Cheers Paul
180 DSG,

I think this has been covered I don't think you need to

As Kevin has said, the factory xenons come in a flat seething so no need to change. You can use them for driving on the right and left :thumb

This is going to sound daft, I don't mind sounding daft.

Ahem.. How do you know if your vans got zenons fitted, especially if you bought 2nd hand?.

:doh

No need to worry, daft is fine...

Zenon headlights come on slightly dull and then brighten up over a matter of seconds. In addition the beams will drop down automatically and tilt back up again once they have found the reference level. They have to be self leveling to comply with the law. By now they are at full brightness, which is much whiter and brighter than halogen lights.

Halogen lights by contrast, come on a full brightness but are not as bright as zenons, and the beams don't move down and back up again.

If you look at the head lights from the outside, the zenons have a thick magnifying type lens in them and the halogens look conventional with a ribbed silvered reflector and a bulb clearly seen behind a clear plastic lens.

Hope that helps.

Alan

Back