Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging the leisure batteries when home ?!?

zippster

zippster

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Probably a silly question.. but I’m going to ask anyways ..

i was thinking, to charge the leisure battery’s when parked up at home (and sat out fiddling when it arrives) all I need is a hook up cable and one of these right?
I assume I can just plug it into the mains in my garage so as not to drain the batteries?
B9B086EE-FFD2-44BF-BD0A-CB6B18533500.jpeg
can anyone put me out of my misery?
Thanks in advance

Andy.

Yes will keep leisure batteries charged up.

i was thinking, to charge the leisure battery’s when parked up at home (and sat out fiddling when it arrives) all I need is a hook up cable and one of these right?
I assume I can just plug it into the mains in my garage so as not to drain the batteries?
View attachment 68203
Thanks in advance

Andy.
Yes. That's it. (And no ' in batteries:) )

Thanks all!! I’ll get one ordered up.. imminent van incoming..
Oh And #damyouautocorrect re:batteries

@zippster , I think that small extension is a part of the accessories supplied with the van. Check what you get and then order. :thumb

thanks ill hang on then .. were just in buying mode at the moment, van arrived in the uk on the 19th, so just awaiting 'The Call' to go pick it up..

cantwaitwontwait :)

@zippster... I picked up my Cali last week (T6.1 MY2021) and you do get a short cable BUT it has the EU 2 pin and not UK 3 pin. Wouldn't take much to snip off the 2 pin and replace. :)

@zippster , I think that small extension is a part of the accessories supplied with the van. Check what you get and then order. :thumb
You don't get the UK 3 pin plug adapter you get a European 2 pin plug adapter as standard. Unless VW have changed it recently.

yes you can. i do that and can shut the garage door on the cable. i suppose ideally an outside socket is best but i manage fine

View attachment 68203
Thanks in advance

Andy.
You could make your own, just need a suitable length of cable, 13Amp mains plug and a female 16A coupler.

I went a bit further at my holiday home by fitting an external socket, in order that the power could be supplied without leaving a door or window open as garage door wouldn't shut with a cable coming out.
Don't need an adapter.

just alternatives

You could make your own, just need a suitable length of cable, 13Amp mains plug and a female 16A coupler.

I went a bit further at my holiday home by fitting an external socket, in order that the power could be supplied without leaving a door or window open as garage door wouldn't shut with a cable coming out.
Don't need an adapter.

just alternatives
thanks, ill probably look at putting something external to the garage door also thanks!

in the meantime my wife had already ordered the cable from amazon along with a 25m extension cable (hook up) anyways so if VW supply on ill have a spare :) ..

thanks for your help and replies..

Probably obvious but I am always careful where I run the cable so not cause a trip hazard for the postie etc. (where there's blame there's a claim)

View attachment 68203
Thanks in advance

Andy.
It states in the manual that you need to charge the batteries from an outside source for 24 hours every month. It’s surprising how quickly they can run down if you leave The central control panel switched on and any accessories like external sat nav or dash cams. they can run the leisure batteries down in next to no time.

It states in the manual that you need to charge the batteries from an outside source for 24 hours every month. It’s surprising how quickly they can run down if you leave The central control panel switched on and any accessories like external sat nav or dash cams. they can run the leisure batteries down in next to no time.
Yep, just to second that... Full day once a month...

It's not a problem for me because I use the car almost every day. I noticed that after 2-3 days of parking even in the garage, the charge level drops to 80%.

It's because driving only charges them to about 80 % . Blue motion tech etc. You need hook up to get a true 100 % charge

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Back