Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Week 33

Never been treated this way by Mercedes.
It's difficult and frustrating for sure but I understood that for the same reason the Marco Polo has had similar delays recently?
The one thing VW do need to do though is communicate much much better.
Its unfortunate that the more stringent emissions requirements cannot be resolved with a period of grace for the manufacturers to modify more difficult engine models. But before I get out of my depth...I get it all except the lack of communication.

It's difficult and frustrating for sure but I understood that for the same reason the Marco Polo has had similar delays recently?
The one thing VW do need to do though is communicate much much better.
Its unfortunate that the more stringent emissions requirements cannot be resolved with a period of grace for the manufacturers to modify more difficult engine models. But before I get out of my depth...I get it all except the lack of communication.
Governments, pressure groups and testing organisations combined to issue a dogs breakfast list of complicated demands that leave the companies who actually manufacture useful stuff floundering to actually comply with the bogus requirements. Will anyone chose not to buy any particular vehicle because of the results of these tests?

Perhaps! if the waiting time to have them delivered is not resolved soon. The real point is that VWs handling of the updating information is appalling. It’s not as if they are a budget buy.

The real point is that VWs handling of the updating information is appalling. It’s not as if they are a budget buy.

Agreed. Delays happen and I'm not an unreasonable person. Please just be honest and tell your customers what is happening. VWCS have told me bare faced lies on several occasions, that's my biggest gripe and feel that VW should compensate those of us that have had the same experience.

I did consider tweeting them but not sure how much effect that would have, it certainly sours the whole buying experience as, has been stated above, the communication is almost non existant.

It's slightly perverse that they are holding up a few thousand expensive lifestyle vans when presumably they are still knocking out the commercial variants like there is no tomorrow.

Agreed. Delays happen and I'm not an unreasonable person. Please just be honest and tell your customers what is happening. VWCS have told me bare faced lies on several occasions, that's my biggest gripe and feel that VW should compensate those of us that have had the same experience.
I've opened a formal complaint with VWCS about for poor communication and feeding me false information. I've got a case manager who has now disappeared!

I don't suppose this'll be any suprise to anyone caught up in this miserable mess but the time for me to collect my vehicle came and went. Although everyone is claiming the "code" to register the vehicle has been released and "should" work....it's clearly not! The dealership can't register the vehicle which means I can't have it today. Today was going to be the day I finally shared this secret I've been keeping for the last 6 months with my two kids. "Daddy's bought a campervan kids!."....but no! Dealership is lending me the demo for the weekend but it's not the same.

I don't suppose this'll be any suprise to anyone caught up in this miserable mess but the time for me to collect my vehicle came and went. Although everyone is claiming the "code" to register the vehicle has been released and "should" work....it's clearly not! The dealership can't register the vehicle which means I can't have it today. Today was going to be the day I finally shared this secret I've been keeping for the last 6 months with my two kids. "Daddy's bought a campervan kids!."....but no! Dealership is lending me the demo for the weekend but it's not the same.
Gutted for you! It's an on going shambles from VW. Had customer services on the phone again today, they don't care, they know we can't go anywhere else!

That's not good :(

My dealer is still saying it will hopefully be this week but I'm resigned that it might be next week now.

Sorry to hear that Daryl but sadly not surprised. Guildford have been very good to me but there’s little they can do. They are left picking up the pieces from the woeful customer services branch and corporate failings at the coal face. It looks like December is the aspiration for our 199 DSG 4 motion after being told September when ordering. And even then there are no guarantees!!

Got this from my dealer today (week 33 build 150 DSG):
“Hope you are doing well, I have some news regarding your vehicle. The vehicle has arrived at UK port so should be with us in the next 5 working days. We are having some issues with the road fund licence on the California at the minute but have been told by VW this should be sorted this week.”

Had another update from my dealer today saying that vw main system was down today so apparently even if they had the code they wouldn't have been able to register it today. They're saying should happen tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much.
Looks like we won't be getting away this half term, which pretty much sucks. Was really hoping to get away this week with the kids.
As with others I get that there are delays, but very frustrating to have no clarity about how long the delays will be. Especially when it's just sat at the dealership looking lovely!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks. At least the 150s are hitting the U.K. I’ve not heard of a single 199 yet. Christmas looks like the earliest likelyhood - 6 months late!

Thanks. At least the 150s are hitting the U.K. I’ve not heard of a single 199 yet. Christmas looks like the earliest likelyhood - 6 months late!
Sorry to hear that Thomas. At least it might be a nice Christmas present!

I hope so. Plus the fact I have to travel back from Norway to collect it so need to tie it into Christmas leave. Not that VWCS care about any if that.

Very nice stringers.
Was hoping to pick mine up this weekend, but now there's a problem with the tracker we got fitted so won't be able to pick up. Should be ready by Monday, but now I won't be able to get to the dealers for about a fortnight.

Good luck GTJT. Fingers crossed for you for Monday! I’m still in shock but loving it! The drive is smoother & quieter than my old T5 Caravelle.

Did you pick it up GTJT?
Not yet, all got sorted today with tracker up and running. Getting the train over tonorrow afternoon.
Don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight! I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Got mine today :)

Kids were *very* excited when I got it home although it was a bit dark by then.

Glad I ordered the ACC, tried it out on the way home, H7 lights seems fine too once I found the levelling dial. Got the manual to read tonight to see what I missed.

Glad I ordered the silver awning as I like it on the white van and makes it different to most of the other white ones out there. Will get some pictures when it's light.

Only real disappointment is no USB sockets in the phone/ashtray cubby, I think they were a no cost option weren't they?.

Back