Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Week 33

Great news Nolan. I think the combination of 199, DSG and 4 motion means my model is still in the melting pot time tbc for delivery. It may come sooner than December, it may not. I just have to resign myself to waiting until VW get a grip I suppose.

I saw two Oceans on a transporter earlier.

Heading down the A38 on the way to Plymouth/Cornwall. Keeping finders crossed that the grey one is ours, but there was a white one too.

I didn’t see any obvious changes to the bodywork or front grill which is good!

I saw two Oceans on a transporter earlier.

Heading down the A38 on the way to Plymouth/Cornwall. Keeping finders crossed that the grey one is ours, but there was a white one too.

I didn’t see any obvious changes to the bodywork or front grill which is good!

Probably not mine as when it arrives it will be stopping in Exeter (plus it's a white Beach) :)

I guess I should start planning to get the money in the right account and look at train times from Chichester to Exeter but I don't want to tempt fate by making too many plans.

Probably not mine as when it arrives it will be stopping in Exeter (plus it's a white Beach) :)

I guess I should start planning to get the money in the right account and look at train times from Chichester to Exeter but I don't want to tempt fate by making too many plans.

Nahhh get excited :thumb

We had a build week of 35 and our 199 DSG Ocean is stuck at the docks awaiting mpg test with stacks of cars from build week 33-36. Apparently a 150 arrived at the dealer this week and they are still expecting ours end Oct. Dealer is not aware of any issues with the larger engine models, but is contacting VW to check.

We had a build week of 35 and our 199 DSG Ocean is stuck at the docks awaiting mpg test with stacks of cars from build week 33-36. Apparently a 150 arrived at the dealer this week and they are still expecting ours end Oct. Dealer is not aware of any issues with the larger engine models, but is contacting VW to check.
I hope this is the case but I’m currentlt led to believe Christmas is a more realistic delivery time unless they pull their fingers out!

I’m of the same view Matt. I think you and I are in the same boat. Our hands are somewhat tied though. I’ve resigned myself to collecting our van when we come home for Christmas leave.

Surely the WTVA / MPG tests are happening at the factory before the vehicles leave for the docks aren't they? I think I'll give VWCS a ring tomorrow and see where mine is, the last I heard it was meant to be on a boat so *hopefully* it will be somewhat nearer the UK now.

I checked with my dealer on Friday & they confirmed it will be with them in 2 weeks.. varying degrees of optimism here!

Checkpoint 60, it's in the UK.

It's starting to look promising :)

Just had an email from my dealer in Poole, Breeze Van Centre. They have my Cali! This is a 150 DSG two-tone. So excited!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Just had an email from my dealer in Poole, Breeze Van Centre. They have my Cali! This is a 150 DSG two-tone. So excited!

That's exciting news :)

Yours must be the first confirmed MY19 so they are definitely out there!

How long until you pick it up?

That's exciting news :)

Yours must be the first confirmed MY19 so they are definitely out there!

How long until you pick it up?
Pick up next Thursday, 25th October. I think that makes it a 6 month wait.

Great news!

Yep same here, apparently it arrives with them tomorrow..

Congratulations. Anyone out there any positive news on 199s.

Just found this thread and been reading with interest. Our Cali is with our dealer now and so we're super excited, but the dealer is saying there's some issue getting the vans registered. Apparently some issue with getting information needed to register. Had anyone else had something similar?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got a Mail from VW Italy saying that my Cali (150 Manual) is on the road to Italy. It Should be 3 more weeks until Pick Up date. Production started on Sept 7. So it seems the delay was Just 2 weeks.

I've just had an email from my dealer to say that my 150 DSG Ocean is now in UK Port. Also a build week 33. This is beginning to get real!....:D

It’s at the dealer but they are waiting for paperwork in order to be able to register it. Presumably WTLP related.

Let’s hope there aren’t any nasty surprises at this stage.

It’s at the dealer but they are waiting for paperwork in order to be able to register it. Presumably WTLP related.

Let’s hope there aren’t any nasty surprises at this stage.
Yeah. Feels so close, but just out of reach....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dealer has just confirmed what people have been saying - our 199 DSG Ocean, build week 35, will now not be released to the dealer until end December for a January pick up. Earlier in the week it was end October... Something about them being built quicker than they are allowed to supply. VW are saying that there is no physical problem with the 199s (other than they are not 204s). Good luck everybody!

Well looks like the farce continues! Was supposed to be picking up my 150 DSG Ocean on Thursday at midday, only to be told this afternoon that there is a problem registering it. No idea when it's going to be resolved. Dealer said hopefully resolved this week but I'm resigned to the fact I'll more likely see it next year. Total disgrace from VW who frankly don't seem to give a damn about their customer base. The dealership has been first class so they are not to blame. First and last VW I'll be buying from new. Never been treated this way by Mercedes.

I feel your pain. VW have been appalling. The dealership in Guildford relieving our order when it eventually comes are very much on side and are embarrassed about the situation. The customer care helpline is a joke and manned by temporary staff drafted in due to the WLMPT crisis. At least yours is at the dealers - ours is languishing somewhere at the factory. Not much comfort I know.

Back