Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chlorinated Chicken Recipes

Looking for recipes for Chlorinated Chicken in the Cali, maybe something on the Ridge Monkey?

If you had seen the BBC program last year about disgusting food factory facilities in the USA and the filthy Chicken production that then leads to Chlorination, as an attempt to rid it of bacteria, YUK.

Only last week I read an article about the very poor standard of tap water in most of the states.

Talking to an American friend yesterday and she was pretty appalled of what goes on there re these matters.

Our standards and those of the EU are far far better.

Our standards and those of the EU are far far better.
Yes, I remember with fondness eating Ikea meatballs laced with horse meat.

In all honesty, I don’t suppose washing chickens with chlorine is particularly harmful to human health. If it were we’d all be keeping our children from swimming in public swimming pools. My boys take great gulps of the water and spit it at each other if I’m not watching closely enough. I’m far more concerned about hormone bloated beef.

In all honesty, I don’t suppose washing chickens with chlorine is particularly harmful to human health. If it were we’d all be keeping our children from swimming in public swimming pools. My boys take great gulps of the water and spit it at each other if I’m not watching closely enough. I’m far more concerned about hormone bloated beef.

The issue is why they see fit to have to wash it with chlorine in the first place, not the chlorine.

It’s harmful to the standard of welfare of the chicken prior to its demise rather than that of the humans that consume it.

As Cali-fate hinted at, we are quite happy to eat chlorinated washed salad, so why not chicken?

such Chicken is probably better to eat than ours, but the real issue is the poor conditions the birds are kept in.

As Cali-fate hinted at, we are quite happy to eat chlorinated washed salad, so why not chicken?

such Chicken is probably better to eat than ours, but the real issue is the poor conditions the birds are kept in.

Chlorine is not the issue. It’s the filthy production line the chicken is processed on and the proven bacteria path & notably that the Chlorine does not kill off all the bacteria.

I personally hate the idea chlorinated chicken, or beef or lamb or chlorinated any once-living creature.

Do we really need such food in our lives?

Surely the question is if it needs chlorinating, whatever it is, WHY?

Post war and we would have eaten anything if we could get our hands on it, now the mindset of the western world is that it is our right to eat red meat, white meat, any meat any time regardless of the suffering of the creature and the destruction of the planet.

I'm no Vegan, no green warrior, just someone who wants to ask the question why do we need all this stuff?

The issue is why they see fit to have to wash it with chlorine in the first place, not the chlorine.

Chlorine is not the issue. It’s the filthy production line the chicken is processed on and the proven bacteria path & notably that the Chlorine does not kill off all the bacteria.
I agree, but animal welfare or slaughter standards is not how the matter is being presented. It is being presented as a food safety matter. Hormone bloated beef really is a food safety matter, as the hormones used to build muscle on cows passes into the human food chain.

I agree, but animal welfare or slaughter standards is not how the matter is being presented. It is being presented as a food safety matter. Hormone bloated beef really is a food safety matter, as the hormones used to build muscle on cows passes into the human food chain.
Presented by whom, USA or RSPCA?

Hormone beef is banned in UK at the moment; let’s hope it remains that way after EU departure. In any case it’s down the individual as to exactly what meat, poultry, fish & milk they buy and where they buy it from.

Hormone beef is banned in UK at the moment; let’s hope it remains that way after EU departure. In any case it’s down the individual as to exactly what meat, poultry, fish & milk they buy and where they buy it from.
Not necessarily look up WTO and NAFTA country of origin labelling. Also do you eat out? Where will that meat come from? Ever been in hospital, school, care home? These are all bulk buyers of cheap food where do you think they will be buying their ingredients from?

The title of the thread.
The title of the thread is asking for recipes. I don’t know whether the OP was genuinely looking to expand their menu or to draw attention to the issue. Either way, food safety and animal welfare should not be mutually exclusive.

Sadly, It might end up in our shops but I won't be buying it. Do we buy Italian, Bulgarian, Swedish chickens now? I don't, so will stick to the recipes i already know.

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

If you don't buy it, the shops won't sell it.

Agreed market forces will prevail. Just not always easy to know what you’re buying if they make the labelling opaque enough. Let’s hope we keep the EU food standards and don’t give in to a one way trade deal with USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt buy it no way at all.

I watched a film about american animal welfare and the conditions they live in to make it so cheap. It actually effected me so badly I was pretty much vegetarian for 2 months after and have cut down meat use massively. It was so inhumane I literally couldnt buy meat without flashbacks.