Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chlorinated Chicken Recipes

Amazing...after all this time you still haven’t got the first clue about what FOM means. Thick as a whale omelette.

A week later and I still can't get the image out of my head of Mrs Baleen with her pinny on, in the kitchen, knocking up a nice Krill omelette for Mr Baleen :)

I don't mind people pointing out anything that's actually TRUE.The uk was never even in the Schengen zone.
just sick of all you middle class moaning sore losers going on and on over and over again about the same things. ITS HAPPENED. GET OVER IT. if we are all stopped from going to Europe, which we quite clearly won't be, then start up your whinging. try your chlorinated chicken with some humble pie. as for clicking on threads I don't want to read I tried that with the b r exit only threads but then the whingers started renaming their threads things like ' chlorinated chicken recipes' to restart up their same old whining all over again.
Euro sceptics have been whining for 30yrs

Last edited:
Yeah, ever since we were conned into joining the “ Common Market “. Brussels couldn’t even tell the truth back then.
and that fine , no issues with that but please don’t make out that complaining about Europe or Brexit from either side is now unacceptable.

Last edited:
The issue is why they see fit to have to wash it with chlorine in the first place, not the chlorine.
Like your pre packed salads amongst many other chlorinated items treated under past and present EU legislation. If you don't want to eat this cr*p with the greatest of respect do one of the following 1. Don't eat it 2. Rear your own (not difficult) 3. Know your supplier and where their meat is processed or 4. Don't be a tight wad and buy organic and pay a realistic price for a well reared bird. Too many wanting too much too cheaply will always lead to declining standards not leaving the EU or a US trade deal...

The chloro-chicken debate will be good if it encourages us to look more at what we're eating, from the point of view of animal welfare. I was googling around on it the other day - it appears UK meat (incl chicken) production has shifted massively to mega-intensive units in recent years... although on the plus side battery sheds are no more (I think).

From a very quick read, the UK Red Tractor scheme does look like it guarantees at least better than EU minimum standards.

Unfortunately for the chickens, I'm guessing that if UK does roll over and allow US chicken products in, a lot of that will go into the processed food products (pies etc) so even if we shop selectively for our Sunday roast, it won't solve the issue.

But I am going to try to look at this and tighten up my own shopping habits.
Please don't be fooled by Red Tractor or RSPCA Assured. Pure marketing and I'm on the inside.

I would genuinely like to know any meaningful benefit of leaving, I still haven’t heard any single benefit

We have been promised:
1. £350 million extra per week for the NHS or other key department.

2. The easiest free trade deal ever with the EU.

3. Free trade deals with commonwealth countries.

4. Cheaper food.

5. No border down the Irish Sea.

6. No border checks between N. Ireland and Ireland.

7. Blue passports.

and that fine , no issues with that but please don’t make out that complaining about Europe or Brexit from either side is now unacceptable.

I don’t want to have the same levels of discussion that were had between both camps during referendum and subsequent elections we all need to move on and I have but I would genuinely like to know any meaningful benefit of leaving, I still haven’t heard any single benefit other than meaningless political sound bites “taking back control”
There has already been a lot of negatives and unnecessary damage done so the benefits need to be something special.
I reserve the right to bitterly complain about any negatives of Brexit but I will also be happy to be proven wrong and gladly admit it if that how it works out
Why does Leaving have to have benefits? Why should we stay and be dragged down by the faceless, unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels. The EU has more than enough problems tearing it apart, virtually all of their own making. Better out than In, and the 3 million EU citizens who have registered in the U.K. to stay says a lot.
No sympathy for the pensioners who take their pension out of the U.K. to sunnier climes and then complain when things don’t go their way or scuttle back to the U.K. when they need the NHS.

Depends how you complain. :thumb

No sympathy for the pensioners who take their pension out of the U.K. to sunnier climes and then complain when things don’t go their way or scuttle back to the U.K. when they need the NHS.

To qualify for their gov pensions they have paid Uk taxes and NI payments during their working lives, so yes they are entitled to ‘scuttle back’ to the UK

why wouldn't he think that ? I do . we had a vote. and you whiners lost. done. that is democracy. its like having a rugby match. they win 52 to 48. they still win. don't they. explain to us dummies how democracy works then when we have a vote ? oh do we keep voting until you get your own way ? stop whining and get on with it

why wouldn't he think that ? I do . we had a vote. and you whiners lost. done. that is democracy. its like having a rugby match. they win 52 to 48. they still win. don't they. explain to us dummies how democracy works then when we have a vote ? oh do we keep voting until you get your own way ? stop whining and get on with it

There's plenty of reasons why the 2016 referendum and its consequences was undemocratic — I thought at least that was accepted by Leave voters by now? Here are a few anyway...
  • Misinformation and lies throughout the campaign, following on from years of anti-migration and anti-EU narratives in the press made up on falsehoods.
  • The 2016 referendum was badly designed — Leave weren't required to offer an alternative, hence the multitude of versions of Brexit debated after the result (Single Market, EEA, Norway, Canada+ etc).
  • EU citizens who were UK residents couldn't vote (many who have lived here longer and contributed more to society than I have, and I did get a vote).
  • Vote Leave broke election laws, and there were no repercussions for overspending.
  • UK press and media, including the BBC, is not regulated enough to be forced to require facts to be balanced with facts and empirical evidence; emotion and ideology will do in this post-truth era.
I thought your comparison to a rugby match was interesting. Sport is flawed with bad decisions and injustices (that's often what makes it so compelling), and has a varied history of corruption.

To think democracy won is deeply misjudged, and simply naïve at best.

Hope this helps answer your question.