Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chrome side bars for Grace our new T6 ocean - advise please

calimera

calimera

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Morning
Advice which are the best chrome side bars to fit on our new Cali.
Anyone fitted side bars post delivery of T6 Ocean ? Which ones ?
Know I can do a search but would value some quick answers.
Realise need the correct ones to allow the access to the jacking point .
Many thanks

Try these people. We have had two sets from them and other members also give good reports. I am assuming that the T6 fitment is the same as the T5
Speak to Lisa, 0203 397 7028

lisa@autobrandsgroup.co.uk
They are out of stock at the moment as I have asked about them also. They will have more in a couple of weeks. They will give me a price when in stock - I'll share!

Just make sure whichever ones you get do not foul the jacking points which are situated immediately behind the front wheel and immediately in front of the rear wheel.

Just make sure whichever ones you get do not foul the jacking points which are situated immediately behind the front wheel and immediately in front of the rear wheel.
These ones are identical to the VW ones I believe. I was intending to check this anyhow. Good advice as always WG

We have the side bars but we won't have them on the next California.
2 reasons
1 The slightest hint of moisture and they look a mess.
2 When they get mud/salt on them it rubs off onto your ankles/trousers.

We have the side bars but we won't have them on the next California.
2 reasons
1 The slightest hint of moisture and they look a mess.
2 When they get mud/salt on them it rubs off onto your ankles/trousers.

Thanks have had a rethink ,after reading your post in another thread about marks on your trousers .Also see Borris agreed with you.

Like the look of them but may be better putting some SIDE body protection on :
Not so exciting but essential, maybe ???

Side body mouldings.
From £141.00
(Fitted price RRP Incl. VAT)

Made from hard-wearing ABS plastic, these easy-fit strips add a stylish touch to your van's profile. They also help to protect the side of your vehicle from knocks and scrapes.
The T 6 is lacking these.

Last edited:
Thanks have had a rethink ,after reading your post in another thread about marks on your trousers .Also see Borris agreed with you.
Like the look of them but may be better putting some side protection on :
Not so exciting but essential, maybe ???
VW official website
Side body mouldings
From £141.00
(Fitted price RRP Incl. VAT)

Made from hard-wearing ABS plastic, these easy-fit strips add a stylish touch to your van's profile. They also help to protect the side of your vehicle from knocks and scrapes.
The T 6 is lacking these.
I have these body coloured on my Caravelle - the official ones are black, do you know if they will take the body colour to blend in?

I have these body coloured on my Caravelle - the official ones are black, do you know if they will take the body colour to blend in?

Not sure, will phone local VW centre on Monday.

I would buy official VW ones. Iirc around £550 fitted. But they are correct size, mounts and no warranty issues. £150 and fitting yourself may sound appealing, but they are typically poorer quality.

Have decided NOT to have the side bars but get our local VW dealer to fit
the side mouldings for protection ( see cost in my above post)

image.jpeg

Sorry, I don't know if they are suitable for ad blue vehicles as the fuel flap is larger.

Thanks for that Geezso. Maybe why the T6 hasn't got the side protection like the T5.
Will check with VW.

They are listed under T6 on the official site, in fact they are about the only extras on there just for T6...
http://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/category/Transporter/T6_2016__,i.html
They are not specific for the T6 with the Euro 6 engines with Adblue remember, the T6 Commercials were only initially sold with the Euro 5 non-Adblue engines. In fact I believe the T6 commercials will only have to have the Euro 6 engine from September.

Personally I have no problems with the VW side bars and I don't think the body side mouldings can be colour coded, easily.

Stand corrected. I had assumed still T6 fuel flaps would be alike, but had forgotten the phasing in of the Euro 6 (with AdBlue) engines.

Back