Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side bars and wind deflectors for 6.1 ocean

Well, I succeeded (thanks to all your suggestions) to have the windows up, by letting it go up small bits at time, and at the same time pushing the deflector in and a bit outwards. The window is now closed with the deflector "captured" in there ... I'll leave it like that until tomorrow and I'll check it out then before installing te second one.

Thanks !

Stefan.

Well, I succeeded (thanks to all your suggestions) to have the windows up, by letting it go up small bits at time, and at the same time pushing the deflector in and a bit outwards. The window is now closed with the deflector "captured" in there ... I'll leave it like that until tomorrow and I'll check it out then before installing te second one.

Thanks !

Stefan.
Also apply some silicone spray on the window seal

I tried again: a few times, the window went up a little bit more, but I can hear the motor has to work harder and harder, and it goed up not more then half ..
Here's a picture of what it looks like; it stops going up about where it is now. By really pushing the deflector to the outside, it went up a little bit more, but the motor had to work too hard to be "normal" ... I mad a video also, but it's the first time I try this, so I hope it will work (Instagram):

View attachment 119023
Thats all wrong. The base of the deflector has to be positioned outside the window and secured to the plastic cowling at the base of the mirror, not between the seal and door frame. No wonder you have issues. Thats going to stress the mechanism no end.

Come to think of it: "and secured to the plastic cowling at the base of the mirror, not between the seal and door frame"

Then it's still wrong ? The pictures in the ClimAir manual are terrible ...
I guess you mean there, right ?:

View attachment 1707576795384.jpg

Come to think of it: "and secured to the plastic cowling at the base of the mirror, not between the seal and door frame"

Then it's still wrong ? The pictures in the ClimAir manual are terrible ...
I guess you mean there, right ?:

View attachment 119028
Correct, but you need to install the metal C bracket and rubber spacer which I secured with 3M double sided adhesive tape rather than screw into the plastic cowling with the supplied grub screw.

Aerolift Windabweiser VW Bus T6 / T6.1 mit ABE

Correct, but you need to install the metal C bracket and rubber spacer which I secured with 3M double sided adhesive tape rather than screw into the plastic cowling with the supplied grub screw.
Ok, I'll do that; I wanted to be sure first (measure twice, cut once :) ).

The deflector shouldn't be on the rubber; it sits external onto the plastic fascia.

Back