Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning Obsession

I was at a BBQ hosted by my Son the other week. He is a techno-geek, and having wired his garden for lights and sound he wanted to show it all off.

Lo and behold at the sight of a garden full of people stuffing themselves with food so the neighbouring rooftops were lined with seagulls.

My son then decided to show of his "mood music"..... we had australian bush sounds, alpine meadows, himalayan larks, farting hyena's all playing in the background.

He then put on "African Sunset", chirruping Cicada's and squawking parrots.....

At the sound of that all the seagulls buggered off ....... (as did a few of the BBQ guests),,,,,,,

just a thought .... either get some mood music or a couple of parrots......

These should do it. I have also seen thin wires strung above a pool to deter birds from landing. Flapping your arms like wings should also deter them....good for the wings, but probably not a long term solution....!

As to cleaning, my van is spotless. Takes 17mins (unlike my house)! It looked great with tyres 'painted' but that wasn't me, nor expected...a tad embarrassing when on a meet!

It takes practice.....and lists.....! :thumb :embarrased

PS I should have put subscription glasses on the list....I have had to guess at the smiley additions!!!

We wiped the midges off after our recent Scottish tour, but let's face it, our van is never going to win the Concours d'elegance or whatever it's called.

I've had some awesome iconic automobiles in my time but never have I taken to cleaning one as meticulously as the California. As well as the usual bits inside and out I clean the mudflaps, wheel arches, roof, all the sills and engine bay (including the engine) every week. My neighbours must think I am a complete mentalist.... Anyone else got a similar obsession?

20160529_175450.jpg Well unfortunately I'm the same, it gets a spay and clean at our local car wash they get under the wheel arches unlike myself. Then I go home and wax it hoover inside and a dash Polish and to finish blacken the tyres. Been like this with every car but after spending £50k think be doing it for a lot longer I absolutely love our Billy "Billy Ocean "

start a referendum and vote for brexit of seagulls ;)

Back