Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coach charger reading 15.1v & Flashing

d5388ab1d8ccb44661c96f2bd9f0a07a.jpg

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Hi Rob, noticed you have replaced battery charger with fraron ,going to order one myself but all the technical info on their site in german,has I am not an auto electrician but going to have a go fitting myself .Did you manage to get info in English or did you just know through experience,any help gratefully received cheers phil

It was really quite straight forward. Just had to run new cables to the batteries which are supplied , the display plug is there and just plugs in. I left all the original cables in just in case I ever get the original fixed.
Mains cable is at the back bit again an extension is supplied.
I mounted the fraron on an aluminium plate the same size as the original charger base plate so it mounts using the original fixngs. Took a couple of hours to do. However I have done electronics as a job for a while so if you are not that confident may be worth seeing if someone can help local to you, where are you?

It was really quite straight forward. Just had to run new cables to the batteries which are supplied , the display plug is there and just plugs in. I left all the original cables in just in case I ever get the original fixed.
I mounted the fraron on an aluminium plate the same size as the original charger base plate so it mounts using the original fixngs. Took a couple of hours to do. However I have done electronics as a job for a while so if you are not that confident may be worth seeing if someone can help local to you, where are you?

Down hear in poole

It will be related to the thin red and black wires not being connected. There is a thread on here somewhere with a similar issue.

dan

Ah Dan, thought you'd vanished ?

Sorry, I got lost in my engine bay. Back now. For a while, anyway...

d5388ab1d8ccb44661c96f2bd9f0a07a.jpg

Hi Rob
Thanks for photo of your fitting of fraron charger,was very helpful as have just fitted mine today,but am perplexed as the unit doesn't light up ,or does this only occur when hooked up,going for a adaptor tomorrow so can plug into house ,aux battery fine and receiving charge from engine when running.Also do I have switch on top set to battery charger ,and what setting for floating voltage,?can see the green light on ,as shown in your photo,should this be on all the time as not showing on mine,ay help gratefully received
cheers phil

Sorry been hibernating! Green light on when mains connected. I went for charging and 14.4 based on the voltage readings others get on their OE chargers .

Sorry been hibernating! Green light on when mains connected. I went for charging and 14.4 based on the voltage readings others get on their OE chargers .

What is your impression with the FraRon so far?
I want to buy one as well, althoug has to be modified by them for Canadian 110V...
This is the unit:
http://www.fraron.de/batterieladege...degeraet-iuou-30a-12v-zwei-baenke/a-20385996/
Appreciate any input.
How was the install?

Back