Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all
Forgeting any debates around the T6 versus the T6.1. For those of us with Oceans why wouldn't you buy a Coast instead now that it will be available in the UK? Lets assume the price difference would be 6k cheaper in favour of the Coast.

I want my kitchen.

I want to arrive in a place, I might be sunk in mud, stopped by a snow drift, had an unexpected storm dump loads of rain, snow, fallen trees, I might want to look out of the window and just see a wasteland that I will never get out of for the next 24 hours...

I might just want to put some music on, turn the heating up, lift a bottle of chilled wine out of the fridge, heat up a nice warming broth, and sit back and think "throw at me what you will, I'm warm, comfortable, self-contained and blissfully happy in my Alfie".

That's why I want the full pack and not the pack without the aces.

yes it is the same as the ocean minus the electric roof and parking heater

Although I hear both will be optional extras. Electric roof I'm not fussed about but the parking heater is a must. Makes me wonder now that we have a choice, why bother with the Ocean?

Although I hear both will be optional extras. Electric roof I'm not fussed about but the parking heater is a must. Makes me wonder now that we have a choice, why bother with the Ocean?
Will be interesting to compare like for like :thumb

I have a coast and just added the parking heater. The ocean has as standard a load more stuff, some of which I didn't want so I got a coast with everything I wanted, compared the price and it was about 3k less in the end. I don't have electric colour coordinated mirrors, or colour coordinated door handles, an extra strip of chrome or two, a fancy stereo (although my set up is awesome with my phone mounted and Bluetooth). I don't have alloy wheels or double glassing. And the roof is manual.

Basically just compare the two and the decide. The colour options for the interior were slightly different too.

I think my leisure batteries might be slightly lower capacity too actually.

I have a coast and just added the parking heater. The ocean has as standard a load more stuff, some of which I didn't want so I got a coast with everything I wanted, compared the price and it was about 3k less in the end. I don't have electric colour coordinated mirrors, or colour coordinated door handles, an extra strip of chrome or two, a fancy stereo (although my set up is awesome with my phone mounted and Bluetooth). I don't have alloy wheels or double glassing. And the roof is manual.

Basically just compare the two and the decide. The colour options for the interior were slightly different too.

UK specs are usually different to the European Mainland ones, making comparisons difficult unless using the 2 standard configurations on side by side basis.

Anyone want a £fiver on the rumour that the Coast is coming to the UK is as hopeless as the idea that the Beach won't.
Had it confirmed by my friendly neighborhood VW Van Centre. No Beach but Coast and Ocean only. They don't understand the decision either as the Beach sales were strong.

Had it confirmed by my friendly neighborhood VW Van Centre. No Beach but Coast and Ocean only. They don't understand the decision either as the Beach sales were strong.
Are we having that fiver @Darryl ? Particularly if it's on 'no Beach' :)

I guess it depends on whether the cost of the Ocean over the Coast gives you the extras you want eg LED lights, digital dash and powered roof. I’d imagine used prices of Coasts will suppress used Ocean prices as a lot of people just want a camper and previously only had the expensive Ocean option.

I guess it depends on whether the cost of the Ocean over the Coast gives you the extras you want eg LED lights, digital dash and powered roof. I’d imagine used prices of Coasts will suppress used Ocean prices as a lot of people just want a camper and previously only had the expensive Ocean option.
There will always be people who want the perceived top model.

Isn’t it the case that the top model is actually what is right for you? Coast is right for some, Beach or Ocean for others.

The number of people staying in it, how much they can afford, where and what they do with the Cali all mean there is no right or wrong answer.

So to answer the OP’s question, the Coast certainly mixes it up a bit and in a good way. Less money for fewer bells and whistles means is a good thing but if you want LED and other stuff then the Ocean makes more sense.

I just hope that they continue to sell the Beach in the UK, as removing that option will be a real shame.

Basically you can spec a coast up with almost everything an ocean has, such that they are essentially the same vehicle. You can have a coast with an electric roof, alloy wheels, led lights, fulll interior lights, shower thing, the top stereo, climatronic, AAC, any engine, leather, double glazing, electric wing mirrors, reversing lights and beepers, fog lights, interior heater, three window bellows etc. etc. ALL functional options are available. (well, they were for the T6, and it looks the same for the T6.1 on the german configorator.), but none of them come as standard.

The only things not available are a handful of cosmetic things: colour coordinated wing mirrors and door handles and two fewer chrome strips on the front, and the interior fabrics and paint colors available for the coast are different and while you have some options, you cannot spec the ocean ones.

I think probably if you are going to order pretty much everything anyway, the Ocean will end up slightly cheaper, if you want to build-your-own, then the coast can work.

I wrote down everything i wanted, and then sat with the chap at VW and configured both an Ocean to have it all (needed about ten 'extras') then a Coast to have it all (needed about 20 'extras') and the Coast was €3k cheaper, so i got that. (and i honestly prefer the manual roof (which goes 'up' automatically in any case - you unclip it and push a bit and it does the rest) and i think the black wing mirrors and door handles look good on a red van!:))

I'm super happy with mine, although god knows what i was thinking not get parking cameras. haha.

(i also suffer from massive 4motion envy, but i really need five seats, as i have three daughters and i'm still holding out some hope that i might find someone to hang out with us at some point. :D)

Isn’t it the case that the top model is actually what is right for you? Coast is right for some, Beach or Ocean for others.

The number of people staying in it, how much they can afford, where and what they do with the Cali all mean there is no right or wrong answer.

So to answer the OP’s question, the Coast certainly mixes it up a bit and in a good way. Less money for fewer bells and whistles means is a good thing but if you want LED and other stuff then the Ocean makes more sense.

I just hope that they continue to sell the Beach in the UK, as removing that option will be a real shame.

Hence why I said Perceived.

As far as I'm aware there has been no official VW announcement, just here say. If I'm correct, we may or may not be getting the Beach and the same goes for the Coast. However, whatever happens I doubt if VW will offer UK buyers the same smorgasbord of options that customers get sur le continent. They never have before and I doubt if they will with the T6-1.

As far as I'm aware there has been no official VW announcement, just here say. If I'm correct, we may or may not be getting the Beach and the same goes for the Coast. However, whatever happens I doubt if VW will offer UK buyers the same smorgasbord of options that customers get sur le continent. They never have before and I doubt if they will with the T6-1.
I might have to agree Borris, it took until the 6 to get the comfort dash.

Seems like the list of stuff you don’t have is quite long for a meagre 3K saving

Shame they don't just do a electric or manual roof option on the ocean because to be honest thats the only reason I'd go Coast.

The Irish market has not offered the Beach for some time, going only with the Coast and Ocean. VW maybe figure that the RHD market is so small that it is not worth making three versions.

According to the recently released brochure the price difference between the Coast and Ocean entry models will be £8k. That change anyone's opinion at all?