Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Awning room - My review!

Further
images

View attachment 77442View attachment 77443View attachment 77445View attachment 77444

The power door opens and closes fine but the top rear corner when fully open can push the Kampa adapter off the van side.

If you had the Comfortz additional side pieces then these would follow the door and not pull the adaptor with them.

Finally, a couple of general issues with the awning room.
I was particularly concerned at rain ponding on roof so made 2 bracing poles.
Unfortunately, I cannot find where I ordered these from (think it was Amazon but not showing in my order history) They were good value and two in a pack, each pole is 3 section and adjustable to the awning whiccan then tension the roof on to them

For added support I also have fibreglass tent canes that run from each corner of the roof and force a slope dome which shed water really well and no sagging even in a downpour.

View attachment 77449
Lastly, I think that the gap between the roof and the sides attached to the arm could be easily closed with a piece of foam pipe insulation (probably 22 or 28 mm pipe size) slit open and pushed over the arm .

Hope the images help.:)
Hi i like the tent cane idea could you tell me where you bought them?

I can’t understand why they don’t contour the sides to fit the California ? Maybe not exact but better than the straight sides that is standard. The van sides aren’t straight and leave a huge gap ? This is a massive design flaw that could surely be easily resolved when manufacturing . Surely they will make an updated model so that it fits properly ? I would have bought one of these if they sorted that gap issue out.

I can’t understand why they don’t contour the sides to fit the California ? Maybe not exact but better than the straight sides that is standard. The van sides aren’t straight and leave a huge gap ? This is a massive design flaw that could surely be easily resolved when manufacturing . Surely they will make an updated model so that it fits properly ? I would have bought one of these if they sorted that gap issue out.
Agree @dogselladogsella . However you can buy a pair of in-fill strips. I believe the Club shop sell them.
We bought them. They velcro to the awning room sides but you still need to attach them to the van. We use small, very strong magnets.

The reason the sides are both straight is so you can fit them window/door back or front. If they contoured one side you are limited which way you have the window or door.
We have had ours now for 7 years and don’t find gaps a hinderance.
We bought a Fiamma rafter pro to prevent pooling which hasn’t completely elevated the problem but combined with a slope on the awning Front to back has helped a lot.
Nothing worse than waking up to 20 gallons of water sitting in the middle of the awning.