Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Connect iPhone to stereo??!

That adapter kit is the one I was writing about. There is something to be said for splitting the task between your phone and the head unit. On my T6, it does everything in one and you constantly have to swap between screens.

The bluetooth kit I used was https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NLTW60/?tag=eliteelect-21

When plugged straight into the aux in socket on a T5 is did track skipping / pause etc. I guess this will work through that adapter kit linked.

Yes but the OP stated wanting to keep original head unit and be able to play music from phone. For £40 and 1/2 hour of messing it can be done and gets hands free calling as a bonus.

Cradle is not necessary just makes the setup wire free and places phone where it can be seen and operated without taking a hand off the steering wheel.

Ideally, yes for the purpose of keeping the vehicle original for resale at a later date. But the original unit itself is becoming more redundant as in another post regarding updating the Navigation he’s chosen a Tom Tom to replace that feature. Based on this and the fact to fit an adapter/adapters the unit will need removing he’d be halfway to fitting a decent upgrade that allows you to perform all the phone/music streaming tasks needed. All with very little extra outlay. I don’t work for Kenwood by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally, yes for the purpose of keeping the vehicle original for resale at a later date. But the original unit itself is becoming more redundant as in another post regarding updating the Navigation he’s chosen a Tom Tom to replace that feature. Based on this and the fact to fit an adapter/adapters the unit will need removing he’d be halfway to fitting a decent upgrade that allows you to perform all the phone/music streaming tasks needed. All with very little extra outlay. I don’t work for Kenwood by the way.

The OP would still need the TomTom as proposed new head unit does not have navigation. I'm puzzled as to the benefits of the extra expense in changing the head unit unless spending a whole lot more for one with Nav or maybe even Carplay.

The OP would still need the TomTom as proposed new head unit does not have navigation. I'm puzzled as to the benefits of the extra expense in changing the head unit unless spending a whole lot more for one with Nav or maybe even Carplay.

Guaranteed, seamless hands free Bluetooth phone integration and music streaming. For only £110. Versus some dangly wires and boxes for not a lot less money and potentially much more of a headache. Merely an option and entirely the OPs choice at the end of the day.

.....obvs this is only a solution for iPhone 6 and older as the 7 does away with the 3.5mm jack. Sweet move Apple.
Hi Sidepod what about the iPhone 7 Plus adaptor which means you can use normal headphone jack, will that work?

Morning @qyouquestion. This may be a cheaper solution to your iPhone connection problem. There are a couple of things to consider though. Firstly an Aux In won’t give you any phone functionality. You would also have to select any music via the phone interface - the MFD head unit isn’t new enough to know how to do this. And secondly - do you want to keep the CD changer functionality? The cable to give you an Aux In will basically replace the connection used by the CD Changer. This cable is what our be after I think, the retailer would be able to confirm for sure though.

Yes that’s exactly what I want don’t want phone functionality or CD changer as I have hundreds of albums and playlists on my phone, I just won’t to connect the phone to aux so the sound comes through the speakers of the Cali :upsidedown

I get what your saying about being half way, why not just get a new unit!! I just like the look of the old unit despite its lack of functionality bit like my wife really. :Iamsorry

On the subject of CD changers, the sensible option is to chuck it in the long grass and free up the space for the standard cubby hole thing. Much better use of space.

Good luck sourcing the part(s). I tracked one down on eBay.de

My CD Changer is much lower than that it’s Way On Down Elvis Lives
Seen him in Oldham

Thanks guys great suggestions, the judges have diliberated for some time :cheers and the winner is
The thingy lead going into the back of the unit :thanks where do I buy one of those?

That adapter kit is the one I was writing about. There is something to be said for splitting the task between your phone and the head unit. On my T6, it does everything in one and you constantly have to swap between screens.

The bluetooth kit I used was https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-input/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=sr_1_2?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1529920636&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:1051930031

When plugged straight into the aux in socket on a T5 is did track skipping / pause etc. I guess this will work through that adapter kit linked.
Yes I’m sure this works on T5 but mine is an original blaukfaut set T4 LHD 2002 will this work?

I get what your saying about being half way, why not just get a new unit!! I just like the look of the old unit despite its lack of functionality bit like my wife really. :Iamsorry

Funny. Is your face still sore from the slap?

Some things you just don’t type out on-line :talktothehand

Sexual favours on hold for the foreseeable I reckon?

:offtopic
Yes but the OP stated wanting to keep original head unit and be able to play music from phone. For £40 and 1/2 hour of messing it can be done and gets hands free calling as a bonus.

Cradle is not necessary just makes the setup wire free and places phone where it can be seen and operated without taking a hand off the steering wheel.
Some things you just don’t type out on-line :talktothehand

Sexual favours on hold for the foreseeable I reckon?
Funny. Is your face still sore from the slap?

Big Slap No Sex, I hope I’ve learned my lesson :mutel

Thanks again guys I’ve ordered the 10 din pin connector as suggested from
In Car Connections £9.70 I’ll let you know how I get on.

Very good :thefinger:thefinger:thefinger

FFDAD78E-8C8D-4D9B-AA55-2C4BE932CDDC.jpeg 0F9151B4-B790-4AE9-80E8-A6CC181A53BE.jpeg 6B6885FE-F88C-4018-91F6-E8D3D40DD3BF.jpeg Update on iPhone connection to audio out mfd1. Well this is a bit embarrassing, ordered the leads to connect to the back of the unit as Sidepod helpfully showed in his photo. Only I forgot to order the four removal keys required to remove said unit. Silly me:headbang:embarrased
Got the leads forgot the keys Oops :sorry

Back