Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control pannel again sorry

N

Nobby.c

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Ive just had an auto spark try and find out why i have no display? Can someone tell me what each coloured wire into the panel is or does ?
Someone said it has nothing to do with the main engine wires execpt for a power from the split charge relay? Where is the rwlay supposed to be located as because of engine upgrade everything has moved . Its doung my gead in now ive been without van for 18 months now and need to get it sorted
Sorry for all the questions but the mire i can tell spark the better .
Cheers people

You might find this useful - http://www.westfaliat4.info/WestfaliaT4CentralElectronicUnit.pdf

It’s in German but Google translate can help make sense of it. There’s a page towards the end that has a breakdown of what colour each wire is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for that , im trying to source what each wire does that goes into the back of the panel? Thats my biggest issue so he can trace them back as ive nothing when i turn ignition on its all blank

You wouldn’t know anyone with a panel you could swap out temporarily to check it’s not just dead? They sometimes just give up. Not what you want to know but it would eliminate the unit which isn’t easy to diagnose without specific electronic know how.

You wouldn’t know anyone with a panel you could swap out temporarily to check it’s not just dead? They sometimes just give up. Not what you want to know but it would eliminate the unit which isn’t easy to diagnose without specific electronic know how.

I bought a new one from gunzl plugged it in and nothing so deffo not that

From reading around Pin 10 (red/green) and Pin 26 (red) are both permanent lives. Pin 10 is fused behind the drivers seat by the fuse one. I’m guessing if there’s no power to the camper fuseboard for whatever reason then the control panel won’t work. All other pins are for the various sensors and timer controls.

From reading around Pin 10 (red/green) and Pin 26 (red) are both permanent lives. Pin 10 is fused behind the drivers seat by the fuse one. I’m guessing if there’s no power to the camper fuseboard for whatever reason then the control panel won’t work. All other pins are for the various sensors and timer controls.

Cheers mate appreciate ypur time thanks. Had the van 11 years but for the life of me cant remember stuff! Is the display on permanently without key in ignition ? Im sure it should be but cant remember .
Bloody thing is doing my head in. Have ypu any idea where the split charge is for them and what it looks like as not sure if that was tampered with in the engine swap ? Thanks alot
Nobby

FB_IMG_1585552635450.jpg

Cheers mate appreciate ypur time thanks. Had the van 11 years but for the life of me cant remember stuff! Is the display on permanently without key in ignition ? Im sure it should be but cant remember .
Bloody thing is doing my head in. Have ypu any idea where the split charge is for them and what it looks like as not sure if that was tampered with in the engine swap ? Thanks alot
Nobby

View attachment 61983

Tidy. Looks great.

No problem helping out. Just hope it’s accurate enough info to be useful.

Your display should be on permanently. I think it’s powered by the leisure battery, which in turn is charged by the hook up or alternator. The split charge relay lives under the fridge I believe, near the charging unit. It’s probably unlikely to of been messed with during an engine swap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk