Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Conversion from CC to ACC

My T6 has the radar at the front but not ACC. seems weird to me as I thought they were standard on T6 in 2019.

That radar is also used for city braking or other driver's aid functions.
If you take ACC, the only extra they add are a few knobs on the steering wheel and some coding.

What happens is, cars pull out in front of you, therefore slowing you down.
Where on standard cruise you would have enough time to feather the cruise or anticipate a move to the outside lane. This can be adjusted, but i never found it far enough to make a difference.
If you want to plod along, then the system will probably work.
I bet my van, that average speed over 200 miles will be a lot less with ACC compared to standard cruise...

Did you know that if you indicate to change lane after the van has sensed a car in front it will accelerate into the gap automatically? I found this out and it’s quite alarming when not expecting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you know that if you indicate to change lane after the van has sensed a car in front it will accelerate into the gap automatically? I found this out and it’s quite alarming when not expecting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neilos, there is a small important bit of info in between all that. It is not just the indication but also the fact that you have steered the vehicle in that time. If you only indicate, the vehicle will not accelerate. Once you have also turned the steering wheel, and only when the radar has also sensed that your steering angle has crossed over 50% of the vehicle in front is when it will accelerate to your set speed.

The ACC is quite logical in its operation, once you understand it. It does not have a mind of its own as sometimes appears from posts on ACC :thumb

I’m an ACC fan - depends though on how much driving you do and what you use Cali for but as a main vehicle and high mileage I wouldn’t be with out it - than and LED headlights my two most useful options.

It’s a shame you can’t get it fitted at VW, it’s a fantastic bit of kit paired with the dsg, we also have it on our Lexus of which I find the VW version slightly better and smoother. We wouldn’t be without it on any car and I use it most days even on a busy M62, once you understand how it works it’s great.

I have ACC on the Golf R and CC on the California. I find that it leaves too much of a gap cars cut in and you feel like you're always going backwards.

You can use the throttle to over ride the ACC though and let the ACC kick in again when required.

I have ACC on the Golf R and CC on the California. I find that it leaves too much of a gap cars cut in and you feel like you're always going backwards.
The size of the gap is adjustable in configuration.

Back