Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Crazy to order new one?

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I have been looking at the german market for a fresh used T5 California Beach.
The prices for a 2014 T5 is arround 47.000€, like this one http://tinyurl.com/oe6x9lv
I am probably going to order from germany directly since the swedish market only have the Ocean model.

However, a new one with my spec is 57.000€ and then I get a stronger engine that takes 20% less fuel.
I am going for the 4 seater since I have read here it has a more comfortable bed.
Iam going to use it in my daily routine, ie driving to customers so I am giving up on the one with kitchen built in.

I am considering the following spec:
Beach 4 seater 201HP
1 extra seat, maybe buy one extra later on
Parkpilot with reverse camera
Tow hitch with stabilizer
Mirrors that fold in
Exterior package (Halogen etc)
Verbundglas (I guess an extra window)
Bed extension with komfort madrass
Climatic 2 heaters
80L tank
Multifunction steering wheel
Light and sight package, coming home, rain sensor etc
Multifunction instrument Plus
Radio Composition Colour
Seat heating
Water based park heater
Bike holder

All in all 58.000€
53.360€ after 8% off.

Spending 47.000euro on a 2nd hand if a new (T6) is only 6.000 more....?
I buy new!
My 2012 SE was 50.000euro new back then , so....don't spent that amount on a 2nd hand...

Welcome by the way...

Also consider lead times Kave. When do you want to use it? I ordered a T6 in August and I've been told that the factory won't confirm it until December ... for a March delivery ... if I'm lucky

Aidy, you are correct, but I am going to sell my motorbike, KTM 1190R and my car, BMW 520D first so I have some spare time :) If I get it before April its great.
In fact, I just got a price list from a german dealer which further lowered the price.
I now have a package with the 3 zone clima, mutimedia package with carplay etc and accoustic package, ie thicker windows and I am already down to 52730€.
Is the UK pricelist from dealers also lower than the VW web pages?

Aidy, you are correct, but I am going to sell my motorbike, KTM 1190R and my car, BMW 520D first so I have some spare time :) If I get it before April its great.
In fact, I just got a price list from a german dealer which further lowered the price.
I now have a package with the 3 zone clima, mutimedia package with carplay etc and accoustic package, ie thicker windows and I am already down to 52730€.
Is the UK pricelist from dealers also lower than the VW web pages?
There's a thread here Kave that highlights discounts achieved versus the online spec...
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/poll-what-discount-did-you-get-on-a-t6-cali.11104/
I'd say it was pretty accurate after taking to a few people offline.

Wrong thread but don't know where to post:
As I have said eralier I am going to use the California as an everyday car, will the Ocean be much worse as an everyday car than the Beach? I mean more noise and rattle from the interior than the beach?
My plan was to use the Beach almost empty for everyday use and then just put some bags and boxes with kitchen stuff inside when its weekend time. It seems I might be able to buy the car as a company car and then the Ocean is the only alternative since that is the only one sold in Sweden.

What a rip off!

We have just priced up the same spec of what we were going for on the German site and the price in Germany works out at £7,000 less that it would in the UK after the exchange rate!!!

Are we fools in the UK?

MrSheen: and the prices are even lower at the dealers :)

Hi Kave, I had forgot to take into account the dealer discount in Germany

Back