Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some queries about the new options on T6

I've spoken to a dealer today...

The uprated alternator is a a 'heavy duty' alternator. I asked if it would charge quicker and he said no but it would be more durable. The battery upgrade is only for the van & therefore auxiliary power. It isn't the leisure batteries.

If you want cruise control you have to choose this and you will have to pay for the multi function steering wheel.

A few other queries I had...

What's happened to the shower (we have a dog!) - apparently this is the II6 'with built in cupboard, type 6'

The lights and vision package is auto lights & rain sensors

Within Electrical the options IS2, IS1 & IS6 are only required if you wanted to modify the van and install your own electrical items e.g. 2nd fridge, plasma tv. Most people won't need that.

Laminated glass package in cab

I've got to say I found Mark Wheelwright at the VW Active Leisure Centre very helpful (01274 985253). I have been unsure about 4Motion & DSG and he took me out for a test drive in a T5 today for me to have a feel of how it might be.

I think i've got my final spec figured out for my 204 DSG Ocean, some outstanding queries i've got are:

Uprated alternator = worth it to charge up the batteries more efficiently or faster? Might need less hook up pitches? Might even uprate the primary battery too so i can run the radio without fear of a flat battery?

Multi function steering wheel, it looks like you get a multifunction wheel with cruise control option, but then there is another leather multifunction steering wheel as an option. Anyone else worked this out yet?
Multi function steering wheel is a must and also DSG.

I've got to say I found Mark Wheelwright at the VW Active Leisure Centre very helpful (01274 985253). I have been unsure about 4Motion & DSG and he took me out for a test drive in a T5 today for me to have a feel of how it might be.[/QUOTE]
Aidy,

How did you get on with the 4 Motion. I have the DSG on my Touran and would not buy a vehicle without it.

Audio system, my understanding is the standard 5" screen system has :-
1) Aux - Jack input
2) SD card slot
1) Mp3 CD Drive

The Optional 6.3"
Has all the above
Plus... USB interface
and the possibility of adding 'App Connect'
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Question, What do I use the SD card slot to do?
Also The USB drive, can I play music from this ?

I've got to say I found Mark Wheelwright at the VW Active Leisure Centre very helpful (01274 985253). I have been unsure about 4Motion & DSG and he took me out for a test drive in a T5 today for me to have a feel of how it might be.
Aidy,

How did you get on with the 4 Motion. I have the DSG on my Touran and would not buy a vehicle without it.[/QUOTE]
Definately going to for for 4motion Michael. Van felt good to drive. We live rurally so we need the traction and winter tyres. Probably going DSG too. So kerching for VW,

Aidy,

How did you get on with the 4 Motion. I have the DSG on my Touran and would not buy a vehicle without it.
Definately going to for for 4motion Michael. Van felt good to drive. We live rurally so we need the traction and winter tyres. Probably going DSG too. So kerching for VW,[/QUOTE]Thanks the information on this board is excellent. I shall have a spin myself at local VW before I make final decision. You will love the DSG if it is anything like my Touran. I rarely take it out of drive when I do it is usually into Sport which helps for a sharp pull away or on descents. Recently in the Alps as support vehicle and manual was used a few times.

The Cali unleashes the adventurous spirit.

I bought mine with a script to follow and within a month the script went out of the window!

First time you get off a muddy field, fight your way over a rough muddy track, climb out of a campsite following heavy snow then you will be thinking 4WD is no longer an optional extra, it's a necessity!

Bought our California from Mark Wheelwright, took delivery in March. Best service I've ever experienced from a dealer. Thoroughly recommend him and West Yorkshire van centre

Richard

Hi All - I just wanted to ask you all if I am being given duff information. Are you guys and girl actually places your orders ie you have a build slot?

I am being told I am number 1 on their list (I left a deposit a few months ago) but they don't have build slots yet so can't actually order??

I have the spec finalised and ready to go.

Deal
Hi All - I just wanted to ask you all if I am being given duff information. Are you guys and girl actually places your orders ie you have a build slot?

I am being told I am number 1 on their list (I left a deposit a few months ago) but they don't have build slots yet so can't actually order??

I have the spec finalised and ready to go.
er I spoke to yesterday is going to give a price but told me you can't place order yet. He is either wrong or people who have placed orders jhave an agreed discount/price with their dealer who will book slot when it opens.

Would agree with the 4m for the 180. The FWD will lose traction due to the DSG "pause".

The 204hp can only make matters worse.

Back