Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard control for rear led lights, how can I do this?

Micka

Micka

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,
My kids drive me crackers turning on rear led lights when I’m driving and I’d like a dash control of them all. It would also be handy to turn them all on when the family exits in the dark. Seems strange there is no courtesy light in the rear as standard.
Anyone know how I could do this?
It’s in a T6 beach

Thanks

Hi,
My kids drive me crackers turning on rear led lights when I’m driving and I’d like a dash control of them all. It would also be handy to turn them all on when the family exits in the dark. Seems strange there is no courtesy light in the rear as standard.
Anyone know how I could do this?
It’s in a T6 beach

Thanks
Hi @Micka, not done anything of this sort yet, but my thought would be on the lines of:

- the fuse for the rear set of lights is under the passenger seat. pull out the fuse and use a fuse extension lead and wire a DC switch to it. You can use something like the below and a switch. Once you have it working, then see where and how to mount switch etc. Check out the fuse layout diagram in the VIP download section to get an idea of which fuse to tap into.

1612037941892.png
1612038224281.png

On the courtesy light - this tip is courtesy @mickmull .

"You should be able to get the light strip that runs around the worktops to come on when the door opens. Near the sink and behind the passenger seat you should see two light switches - the Lower one does the cupboard interior and the top one does the lighting strip. 'Double click' the top switch to have the light strip activate when you open the doors. 'Double Click' to disable too."

Enjoy your Cali.

"You should be able to get the light strip that runs around the worktops to come on when the door opens. Near the sink and behind the passenger seat you should see two light switches - the Lower one does the cupboard interior and the top one does the lighting strip. 'Double click' the top switch to have the light strip activate when you open the doors. 'Double Click' to disable too."

Enjoy your Cali.
A beach won't have the kitchen lights........or the switches.

Thanks will keep investigating, can’t just be me that’s thought of this

Back